Kemper s/pdif incorrect clock rate during startup

• Hi all,

I'm a huge Kemper fan and ever since the good guys at Kemper opened the s/pdif to higher frequencies, I've been strictly using the S/PDIF interface (less conversion steps, more deterministic gain etc.) as my main out to my RME (UFX II) audio interface card.

Now, I realize this is a minor issue but since no one else has mentioned it (to my knowledge and search abilities) I wanted to raise it here to see if there is something I can do about it and if anyone else noticed this issue.

Since the Kemper must be the clock source when using s/pdif, I have the RME set to use the AES (s/pdif) input as the clock source. The RME is clever enough to detect when there is no clock on that interface and use it's internal oscillator (for example: when the Kemper is shut down), but when I turn on the Kemper the RME starts detecting a corrupt clock (I'm assuming the Kemper is outputting 44.1KHz regardless of setting during startup) and tries to sync with it (and fails). Only once the Kemper startup sequence is done, is the clock stabilized at the setting of 96KHz as it is set.

My guess is that there are some HW limitations during startup that prevent the s/pdif from being re-clocked at higher rates, but this behavior drives my audio card nuts and causes issues with playback as well as DAW configuration and stability.

I was wandering if it's possible to simply mute the s/pdif output during startup until the startup sequence is done and the signal has been re-clocked to the correct rate and only than enable output the s/pdif signal (there's no point in it being active during startup anyways, there is no sound coming from the Kemper during this time).

Admins, if this is the wrong sub-forum for this question, please move it to the correct one.

Thanks,

NighTime