Can't Get Effects Loop to Work

• I can't get the effects loop to work. I am trying to connect my Roland VG99 outs to the Kempers return input and alternative input so it will be in stereo. When I try to create a loop, either in stomps or x slots I get the warning. "No Loop Possible Aux input is used." I have all the Aux in's in Output set on zero which I read on here might cause a problem if they are above zero. After trying for hours with different hook ups I unplugged both the return input and the alternative input and I still am getting the same warning. I know I can use Spdif out of the VG99 into the Kemper but I use the VG99 as my sound card for the computer that is connected to it so I can use soft synths and vst's and so far I can't get the computer audio to work without using the main outs of the VG99. I used to have the computers stereo outs connected to the Kempers return and alt inputs and the loops worked then but that was when I was using Asio4all which causes a lot of unwanted sounds. I just updated my Kempers OS a few days ago if that makes a difference.Thanks