Logic Pro X S/PDIF Sync/tempo issue

• Hi all! I'm getting ready to use my Kemper for re-amping for the first time, and while I've been able to set everything up no problem there is one thing I can't figure out how to solve. Sometimes when I turn on my Kemper on (and subesquently when it is on), the tempo of my Logic projects drop. The BPM in Logic still shows up as 128 bpm (for example(, but everything is playing noticeable slower. Sometimes I also get a sync error when playing back audio, saying it detected a sample rate but had trouble syncing audio and MIDI (I'll make sure to take a screenshot next time it happens). Note that this doesn't always happen and I'm stumped to figure out when exactly it does, and why? Anyway else have any experience with this?

Edit: realised I should add some hardware info :)

- Macbook Pro 13" running MacOS 10.12.6
    - SPL Crimson Audio Interface
    - Kemper Rack with latest OS (5.5.2.13463)
    - Logic Pro X 10.4.1

Cheers,
    Chris

Edited 2 times, last by Glitch (June 20, 2018 at 3:57 PM).

• If you're reamping through S/PDIF, it's possible you have a sample rate mismatch between the KPA and your interface and/or session. I haven't used Logic in a long time, but if your interface is syncing to the KPA, it's possible that Logic is trying to adjust the sample rate to what it thinks is the correct one.

Different sample rates are new in the KPA, so it may just be at the wrong default? Worth a look, anyway.

• That was my first thought, but I also thought the Kemper was locked at 44.1, which is the same sample rate I use in Logic so...there shouldn't be a mismatch? :/

• Oh fuuuuuu...dge, Logic has decided to change the sample rate to 48kHz on some of my projects (might be the default? I don't know). Anyway, that explains why it plays slower when syncing to the Kemper, i.e. playing at 44.1. I also just realised I can change the sample rate on the Kemper nowadays :D

Edited 2 times, last by Glitch (June 21, 2018 at 6:40 PM).