Addition to Profiling Process - Automated Refining

• When profiling amps, what you play during refining seems to have a significant impact on how well the profile replicates the amp. I find my own playing can by hit or miss in this respect and often do multiple profiles so I can redo the refining process in order to get better accuracy.

Would it be possible to include, builtin-in to the Kemper Profiler, a "dry" guitar sequence developed by the Kemper Pros to feed the refining process? I tend to believe the Kemper developers know a lot better than the average owner what to play and how to play it when refining a profile. Please package that sequence up and build it into the Kemper as the perfect way to share it with your users.

If you do this, I believe the benefits are:

1) Better profiles from your users
    2) Because of #1, Kemper will gain even higher status as a superb profiler
    3) Faster, more accurate, and more consistent profiles, saving your users time and effort, which can be significant when doing a lot of profiles in one sitting

Win, win, win.

Just taking a stab at this - I envision one of the panel buttons after the UFO noise sound profiling process is complete, a button would have something like "Auto-Refine". That would feed the Kemper Engineering Team's pre-recorded guitar dry signal into the appropriate feed internally just like "Refine" does during the process now. Ideally, this process could take the place of "Refine", but "Manual Refine" would still be available for those cases where the "Auto-Refine" did not produce the results one hoped for. But ideally, Auto-Refine would be so good that people would rarely, if ever, need to Manually Refine.

Thanks for considering!

• Would one size fits all playing be applicable to all profiles? Would refining higher parts of the fretboard create more low end in the sound, or low end chugs bring the bass levels down during refining?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 10.2.2 - Mac Sonoma 14.5

• Maybe a small selection of pre-recorded dry tracks could be provided - like 3 or 4 and you could pick. Ideally, though, the Kemper algorithms would refine from a variety of playing inputs that would cover the most common playing styles - chugging, lead, open chords, light touch stuff, etc. And for different gain characteristics from light crunch to heavy gain. That may be asking for too much, but ideally ... even if the refining algorithms need to be updated to adapt which would be more work on Kemper's part. This is a pretty darn sophisticated device so I'd think the extra effort during profiling and refining would be worth it to get truly accurate reference amp representation with one refining pass. That would be perfect.