• Is Namm just a scam these days? A place to meet up with your old buddies. Are vendors paying to much for their booths? Couldn't they do better with their own marketing? I'd be pissed right off too at this situation. Good thing Slate didn't have many more wobbly pops in the system, LoL!!!

All things considered, he handled it pretty well but a reimbursement is in order for sure, don't ya think?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've not been to Anaheim, just the NASHVILLE NAMM one.

CONS:
    1) Creepy guitar pick with womans 3D bottom and breasts on it.

2) Noise Noise Noise. Cacophony. For a festival about SOUND? Major FAIL.

3) Bands were pop bleh. No real instrumentalists with raw talent on the big stage outside. IN NASHVILLE? Booo!

4) Nashville? I've traveled all over NC cities, Virginia towns and love many of them. But Nashville was something I truly disliked.
    No real center with things happening (have to travel to shopping, venues, eats and bars scattered everywhere)
    Big apartments going up for the many young that are flooding there but the sewers already can't handle the incoming horde.
    I predict it will be Breederville in a few years. A bunch of 30 year olds with 1-2 kids and about as HIP as Disneyland. Bleh!

5) Not near as many people as I thought. Didn't seem to be a popular event. They should end it on the east coast or pick a better venue (ie Orlando, Richmond)

6) NOT... ONE... LEFT-HANDED... GUITAR...

7) All the breweries were serving bitter sour beer that were all tooty-fruity. I couldn't fine ONE friggin' Lager or Amber that was smooth and NORMAL.
    Even one brewery with like 5 German beers found a way to pick the worst 5 German beers in history. One with GRAPEFRUIT, another with MANGO.
    I wanted to throwup. So I did what any sensible person would do. Forgo beer and order Vodka like I was Ukrainian. Even that was filtered maybe 3 times. Bleh. (haha)
    I probably should have ordered Whiskey or Bourbon (it being Tennessee and all) but I still hadn't gotten over the Grapefruit beer. Only Belgians are allowed to put fruit in their beer (WIT beer that is) and do it with taste.

PROS:
    1) Someone had a machine that could burn and etch any font or picture into wood. They were making business cards
    and they not only looked cool, but man, it smelled AWESOME being a burned hardwood. I would take that card out and smell it every few days for months after.
    The highlight of NAMM for me!

2) That's it. I'm never going to a Nashville NAMM again.

ANAHEIM:
    I assume Anaheim has a lot more going for it (talent, stars, better city, more interesting vendors like Slate) so I'd like to check that out some time. With ear plugs.

STEVEN SLATE:
    I gotta say, I found his reaction comforting. He's being REAL. And he's entirely correct! He's there, paying for a booth to sell a product and they don't have a pre-announced time for a parade so vendors know not to put on shows that clash with the parade noise?