Kemper and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 sound issues [SOLVED]

• Greetings!

I just got my Kemper two days ago and now I finally had the chance to try it out. I connected my kemper to my 6i6 with a spdif, but couldn't get any sound. After fixing the sample rate and clock source it started working! HOWEVER, there is a very odd distortion/crackling when I play it.

Here is a little information on my setup Kemper -> spdif -> 6i6 -> Sound to speakers via the headphone jack and USB to the computer. There is no issue with the sound when I plug my speakers directly to the kemper via the headphone jack (it sounds absolutely amazing). How do I fix this?

• The problem still persists after I plug my headphones to the 6i6 (meaning there is the crackle that isn't there if I plug my headphones straight in the kemper). As I was trying to record a clip on how it sounds recorded I discovered that reaper is not recognizing a spdif input in stereo, could this be a sign of something wrong?

EDIT: SOLVED IT

The problem was in the focusrite control. In there I had the hardware inputs SPDIF 1 & 2 seperately instead of the 1-2 channel which created the crackle! Does this solution sound like it should? :D Also fixed the reaper problem from the settings..

Edited once, last by Nahjus (October 27, 2017 at 6:31 PM).

• I believe there is a way to direct monitor with the 6i6, that way your computer and DAW have no influence on the sound from the KPA > 6i6 > headphones or speakers. Should be in Mix Control, see if that eliminates the problem, then we're narrowed down to your DAW which could be latency/ buffer issues or even drivers (asio). By all means not an expert at this just trying to help. Thought for sure some others would have chimed in by now. See how it goes.