Performance Mode Footswitch Logic

• Just curious, for those of you who use your Kemper live in performance mode with a floor controller, what's your approach to ordering your rigs and stomps on your footswitch?

I use a FCB1010 and have fx in the top row and rigs on the bottom. From left to right with the rigs I try to order them in the same sequence they appear in the song, for example, Rig 1 would be the intro, Rig 2 would be the verse and so on. I always put my solo rig as Rig 5 so it's always in the same place and I'm less likely to stuff up my solo by standing on the wrong switch.

The trouble with this approach, or any I can think of is that it can get really difficult to remember where each rig is, especially when different songs require different numbers of rigs and parts repeat throughout the song. Merge can be really handy, but again, it's difficult to use it for the same purpose (ie going from rhythm to lead) when some solos require the use of an entirely different rig.

In the past (with other gear) I've gone from least gain on the left to highest gain on the right, but this always has its complications too. Other times I've tried to minimise the number of rigs/patches I use by switching the individual effects in and out- but that can be a recipe for disaster in a live situation, especially when multiple changes are needed.

What system do you find works best?