Newbie and powered monitor question

• Hello from South Africa! I'm a brand new Kemper user, got mine 2 days ago, amazing sounds!

Just quickly wanted to introduce myself and ask a question on a powered monitor.

Does anyone have experience using a JBL EON powered monitor with the Kemper?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong location, I new to this.

• Hello from South Africa! I'm a brand new Kemper user, got mine 2 days ago, amazing sounds!

Just quickly wanted to introduce myself and ask a question on a powered monitor.

Does anyone have experience using a JBL EON powered monitor with the Kemper?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong location, I new to this.

Hello Adrian,

I am sure something like the JBL EON610 would work just fine. However, I am not sure how well JBL supports their products in South Africa. If after-market service and support are an important consideration, you might want to look into the Yamaha DXR10, which has a lot of users and admirers, here on the KPA User Forum. Yamaha has a pretty solid global presence, and I have to imagine that they got South Africa covered well. Just food for thought. In either case, the Yammy DXR10 seems to be the preferred FRFR solution for the KPA, over other similar active monitors from companies such as JBL, QSC, Mackie, etc., in terms of over-all sound quality, build quality, and "bang-for-the-buck"

Cheers,
    John

• Hello Adrian,

I am sure something like the JBL EON610 would work just fine. However, I am not sure how well JBL supports their products in South Africa. If after-market service and support are an important consideration, you might want to look into the Yamaha DXR10, which has a lot of users and admirers, here on the KPA User Forum. Yamaha has a pretty solid global presence, and I have to imagine that they got South Africa covered well. Just food for thought. In either case, the Yammy DXR10 seems to be the preferred FRFR solution for the KPA, over other similar active monitors from companies such as JBL, QSC, Mackie, etc., in terms of over-all sound quality, build quality, and "bang-for-the-buck"

Cheers,
    John

Thank you for the advice John, much appreciated. I have read alot of good things about the DXR10. I am just looking into cheaper alternatives as well for the time being. But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I know good sound quality is not cheap. From reading alot of threads on the DXR10 it seems that I'll be better off using my in-ears at home and the PA monitor feed for playing out until I can afford the DXR10. And the size of the DXR10 is also very appealing. I was just wondering if there is a decent quality option at a lower price bracket.

• Thank you for the advice John, much appreciated. I have read alot of good things about the DXR10. I am just looking into cheaper alternatives as well for the time being. But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I know good sound quality is not cheap. From reading alot of threads on the DXR10 it seems that I'll be better off using my in-ears at home and the PA monitor feed for playing out until I can afford the DXR10. And the size of the DXR10 is also very appealing. I was just wondering if there is a decent quality option at a lower price bracket.

Hello AdrianKe,

A lower budget solution that I have read favorable reviews on, is the new generation Alto TS210:

https://www.altoproaudio.com/products/ts210

It sells for $249 USD through the major USA online retailers, such as Musician's Friend:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/alto…powered-speaker

Here are some links with user reviews and impressions:

Alto TS210 & TS212

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.ph….1694108/page-2

• Hi, gaan goed hier, hoop dieselfde met jou! Ek wil self bietjie Australia bietjie gaan uitkyk iewers! Good to hear from you! Well, thanks for the message! Have been in Netherlands a year ago for a few months and met some South Africans, always a pleasure!