Swapping out stacks in performance mode

• There is probably something simple that I am missing. But when I am in performance mode putting together a set I would like to be able to swap out the amp stack and try different ones without it changing all the effects. It wants to swap rigs instead of just amps. Any ideas? Thanks!

• I do this all the time, no need to lock anything. Just hold the stack button down for a couple of seconds and then you can use the browse knob to select a different amp/cab stack to try. Once you start turning the knob you can choose to either browse from your rig pool or from presets you've saved. When I find an amp/cab stack that I really like for live or studio, I'll save it as a preset (hold stack down for a couple of seconds, hit store, store as stack, and name it) so I can find it easier. It's a way of saving a smaller number of favorite rigs that you can plug in to presets or performances without having to change all of your fx or copy everything. You can do the same thing with the stomps section, saving whole "pedalboards" as stomps presets and also with the effects section. It's very handy.

When in performance mode, it should remember your changes until you change to a different performance. If you haven't saved it since your change, it will revert back to the saved version when you go back to that performance. Since there's no a/b function I'm aware of, I usually just listen to my edit, jump up to the next performance and then back down quickly to compare. It does mean you have to redo the change if you want it back, but you can get pretty quick at it because it remembers the last spot in the list that you looked. Hope this helps.

M Britt Profiles - mbritt.com
    Guitarist for Lonestar

• ...When I find an amp/cab stack that I really like for live or studio, I'll save it as a preset (hold stack down for a couple of seconds, hit store, store as stack, and name it) so I can find it easier. It's a way of saving a smaller number of favorite rigs that you can plug in to presets or performances without having to change all of your fx or copy everything. You can do the same thing with the stomps section, saving whole "pedalboards" as stomps presets and also with the effects section. It's very handy.

I realize this is an old post, but HOW exactly do you store the whole "pedalboard" stomp section?

thanks!

• I realize this is an old post, but HOW exactly do you store the whole "pedalboard" stomp section?
    thanks!

It works with any of the "sections": stomps, stack, or effects:

1. Edit the individual stomps and activate them as you want them (turned off/on)
    2. Press and hold "STOMPS" button (or STACK or EFFECTS) for a couple of seconds to bring it into edit window
    3. Press "STORE"
    4. Press "STOMPS Section" and Name the preset as you'd like.
    5. Press "STORE" again to store the Stomps Preset.

You can now access this presets by repeating Step 2 and using the BROWSE knob to scroll through saved presets.

Hope this helps.

Mike

M Britt Profiles - mbritt.com
    Guitarist for Lonestar