why is sinmix banned again ???

• There are 2 issues here that contribute to the users experience of this forum.

• Users (They need moderation)
    • Forum formatting. (This needs a webmaster)

#1 SinMix has to learn not to post in other sellers posts. That requires moderation from a MOD.

#2 Subject code change to only 60 characters

Current

Code
    <dd><input type="text" id="subject" name="subject" value="" required="required" autofocus="autofocus" maxlength="255" class="long"></dd>

Change to this for 60 Characters

Code
    <dd><input type="text" id="subject" name="subject" value="" required="required" autofocus="autofocus" maxlength="60" class="long"></dd>

Picture size limitation and CAPS

Both can be limited by javascript. 1 forum member in this thread has already offered his services for free. A professional website does not ask users to format how they type. That is why we have javascript and webmasters.

• I think it has been mentioned before that one challenge with this is to make the limitation specific to the commercial announcements subforum, and not affect all subforums.

• I dont know how long I'll stay here on the forum but ...

Dude, you've simply got to stay!

C'mon man, the forum wouldn't be the same without you. How else is the community supposed to...

:thumbup: Stay Metal :thumbup: ?

Wow. Impressive philosophical elaboration. I can only guess I got your point and I certainley respect it.

But I am quite "anti-social". In the sense that I do not ask why somebody does the bad. I just notice it is so and either try to get out of the way or defend myself. Or more to the point: if somebody permanently chooses to do the bad, I dont care if he "could do the good". The result for me is simply the same - in both possible cases.

Brother, I totally get where you're coming from. Part of the reason for my empathy for those who offend repeatedly is the fact that I've found myself trapped in "impossible" scenarios of abuse several times, totalling over 30 years. In such circumstances, the next-best thing, IMHO, to being able to escape, is to find a ray of hope, misplaced as it might be. The acknowledgement of the fact that, however unlikely, the possibility of the perpetrator's taking responsibility and learning from his / her mistakes exists, provides that dim light at the end of the tunnel where none could otherwise be seen. I don't consider myself particularly clever; the philosophy, as is the case with most of mine, was arrived at through necessity brought about by personal suffering - as it should be, right? I mean, we all know that theory, when it comes to the difficult lessons in life, counts for squat. Give me experience any day!

So yeah, the practical M.O. that applies to most situations in this time-starved world we live in, would be, as you say, to "walk on by", as the song goes. When one finds oneself in the grips of a "petty tyrant", however, I feel one has no choice but to deal with it via the cold comfort the philosophy I outlined provides; it's better than nothing, and one at least can feel reassured that one has "done the right thing" morally... not that the perpetrator would appreciate it! Moreover, as my favourite saying goes, the price of a soft pillow is a clear conscience, and one can't buy that! :D

Cheers mate, and thank you for pumping up my tyres!

I'm embarrassed, too bad there's no emoticon to show that, then I wouldn't have had to type this whole sentence and it's not because of the post directly above my post.

I think I follow, Dean; it does appear that no "special" treatment was applied here, which serves as a counter-argument to any theory that some receive the preferential variety.

I feel ya mate... unless I'm way off the mark, which is quite likely!

• Sorry Nicky you're off the mark. It's not the whole story, but I know many metal heads! I look at one every morning and night (including my wife, it would be two that I look at everyday besides the many friends I know)! Most if not all are very responsible law abiding brilliant programmers , artists down to earth etc. It's so cliche what's being propagated in this thread about being a metal head.

I also appreciate all other types of music (and I mean all), being a metal head doesn't imply that I shouldn't.

• Sorry Nicky you're off the mark. It's not the whole story, but I know many metal heads! I look at one every morning and night (including my wife, it would be two that I look at everyday besides the many friends I know)! Most if not all are very responsible law abiding brilliant programmers , artists down to earth etc. It's so cliche what's being propagated in this thread about being a metal head.

I also appreciate all other types of music (and I mean all), being a metal head doesn't imply that I shouldn't.

What's so cliché man? That we don't agree? You post out of emotion without thinking, then go back and edit you post. We do not agree, let it go. This isn't the happy kittens forum. Adults disagree.

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I think I missed the mark a little; it was a completely-different subject! :D

I feel you on that judgement of metal-heads. I've found the same thing. I suspect the general M.O. of the "average" metal musician has morphed into a much-more technical approach since the '70s. The style has spawned so many variants, each placing differing demands upon the players and authors thereof. I also suspect that the birth of neoclassical in the late '70s (usually credited to Sir Blackmore) and prog metal played a huge part in upping the ante where technical discipline is concerned. The days where arguably the majority of metal musos would spend most of their time and energy "living", through booze and partying, the metal "lifestyle", are long-gone, I reckon, at least based on what I've seen. Instead, these days, they're intelligent, serious, committed, disciplined musicians who're likely into a whole bunch of genres, if for no other reason than to expand their horizons in the interests of honing their abilities.

Sorry for the rant Dean. It's just that I too get frustrated when I hear folks judge them in the manner you alluded to; I've an awful lot of respect for these peeps these days.

EDIT: My comments have nothing to do with anything other than the general point made by Dean that metal still suffers from the stigma of being judged harshly, based no doubt upon attitudes and behaviours of days long-gone-by. In fact, I completely missed the whole "metal-heads are being painted this way or that" aspect of this thread. I didn't pick up on it, or it wasn't there, but either way, it's not what I just spoke about. That should be obvious, but just to be on the safe side, I've added this edit in the interests of classy-titty-fornication.

• No one understands my point and instead of asking questions...

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In plain english;

LL posting Tw@t and not caring if people accepted it or not. Thats metal!
    Sinmix challenging LL's ego with his own ego. Thats metal!
    Sinmix is not going to compose a business / formal post. Thats metal!
    Stop with the silly assumptions and emotional responses.

Both Sin and LL are awesome at what they do, they might actually get along in real life. But online, they are competitors and egos clash.

Now with that being said, you can be the complete opposite and still be metal.

Further example for those who still do not get it. NWA a rap group was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. You know way? Because they are badass, not the music, they don't play rock & roll, its about the attitude. So, I would even call NWA metal.

Ask don't assume.

• Thank you for the classy-titty-fornication (clarification, for those who're not accustomed to my classy-titty-vacation (classification, for those who... hang on... gonna get caught in a nested loop here so I'm backing out...)), Anthony; makes sense to me, mate.

They're definitely both metal from what I can tell, and being competitors and all, it's not surprising.

• Unless you all get back to playing your guitar you will have to learn how to play guitar and type with your NOSE Like me.
    And trust me, NOSE typing takes a lot longer to learn than the penalty of having to play a Loomis Hungarian scale / sweep picking and tapping exercise.

My Nose Hopes we all can play some guitar now.
    This took me 24 hours to type.

Try typing 60 characters with your nose :P

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Unless you all get back to playing your guitar you will have to learn how to play guitar and type with your NOSE Like me.
    And trust me, NOSE typing takes a lot longer to learn than the penalty of having to play a Loomis Hungarian scale / sweep picking and tapping exercise.

My Nose Hopes we all can play some guitar now.
    This took me 24 hours to type.

Try typing 60 characters with your nose :P

Ash

To be metal , we just learned that you would be doing it wrong to learn scales, sweep picking etc. You're better off learning to rap and how to disregards rulez, that's the way to Rocknroll hole (misspelling intended) of fame if you care. Don't mean to get you into this Ash, but I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

You had to say scales and sweep piking. Sorry brother, that's not metal. We've been practicing and learning licks, doing it wrong all this time. :D I'm gonna go back to weight lifting and start a fight with total strangers. O wait I'll kick my bosses ass and get fired from my job then let my wife and kids starve YEAAH that's metal.

• All hail Sin!!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's sinfully delicious! 5150 with Bogner OS cab dual mic'ed on one side. Dual Recto into Recto 2x12 with Heil PR20 on the other side. Used some boosting and pre-eq to tighten up the 8 string, but left it still capable of playing leads without being shrill. Guitar is Ibanez RGA8 with Dimarzio D-Activators. For the bass track, I just slightly modified the Dual Recto patch and used the Kemper's parallel path option.

• Full use of the capacity of the kemper and out standing playing, now this is how you do it kiddies.
    learn from the good teachers please. :thumbup:

Getting bare knuckles for the 9 string bruh, ill try those patches (thank you, dam sounds great) , really like listening to the playing man
    thank you for posting. Great ideas there with the parallel path and tracks, this what the kemper can do and you must love it.

You know i have found the Agile pick ups and bareknuckles different to the EMG's with 8 and 9 strings...(which is good we can get some variety and dynamics).
    It did not sound too "base like" for me, that was great man

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.