• Maybe I haven´t understand it but what is the advantage if I put my monitor signal trough the Kemper?
    I´m using an X32 and got my stereo mix directly to my IEM. I can do the mix by myself with a smartphone (a phone clamp at the mic-stative)

The benefit would be a cheaper wired solution without a separate body pack/headphone amp.

• This is our live setup for IEM mixes, wireless instrument and lighting control. Made this layout image so we can email it to soundguys who are worried that we want to handle our own IEM mixes. It seems to put their mind at ease and is a heck of a lot easier than trying to explain it! This one is if were not monitoring the drums (as they are usually loud enough for us to hear without being included in the mix). We all hear the click at various levels. Works really well and hasnt had any glitches - yet... :)

It looks confusing at first, but the vast majority of the cabling is permanent inside the rack. Only a handful of connections to make each night and we're good to go.

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/Penrose%20-%20Sound%20Monitoring%20and%20Lighting%20LO%20RES_zpsm4r6a08u.png]

• This is our live setup for IEM mixes

A separate monitoring mixer with signal splitting is the safe way to go, but this isn't exactly cheap. Ideally I would add 3 or 4 omni-directional ambience microphones to your setup (mounted above the stage) to improve communications on stage. Such microphones through an inverse gate so that you only amplify weak signals make a huge difference to the communications between band-members using IEM.

I am another M32 (X32) user so I do my own IEM-mix there, but have tried a number of options. I never had much success with the KPA in the monitoring chain. It is IMHO better to get a small 4-channel mixer that can take a basic mix (without guitar) from FOH and combine that with a mono or stereo signal from the profiler. You can get small 1/2U mixers like the Rolls MX122 that for example can be mounted in a rack next to a 1/2U IEM-transmitter for a touring musician who want to build a compact solution.

• May I ask why?

I've had lots of issues with clicks and pops in monitoring audio fed back into the profiler. I know it is supposed to be improved in recent firmware, but a number of horrendous experiences where I ended up pulling my IEMs in desperation has permanently turned me off.

• A separate monitoring mixer with signal splitting is the safe way to go, but this isn't exactly cheap. Ideally I would add 3 or 4 omni-directional ambience microphones to your setup (mounted above the stage) to improve communications on stage. Such microphones through an inverse gate so that you only amplify weak signals make a huge difference to the communications between band-members using IEM.

Yeah, I agree, a separate monitor mixer add's expense, but long term a good digital mixer is a worthwhile investment imo. We have played a few shows where our mixer was doing double duty as both the IEM mixer -and- the FOH mixer. All we had to do was plug the main PA into our (unused) main out's and handed the iPad to the FOH sound guy to do his thing on that mix.

On the point of cost - going IEM for a full band is never going to be cheap. Personally I would hate going wired IEM. For us it was wireless IEM (damn those thing are expensive for what they are btw!) or not at all. The biggest reason we made the jump (and investment) was that we move around alot.. and house monitors just didnt give us the confidence to move around while hearing what we needed too. This was a huge problem for our energetic singer who would often dissapear into the audience to dance and interact etc.

We have talked about adding an "ambience mic" to the rig, but for now with the majority of our shows being smallish affairs (300 to 1000 ppl) the 3 stage mics pickup plenty of the room noise as we have intentionally left our IEM mic mix un-gated. You are right about off mic communications being cheallenging though.. lol.. if we need to communicate, it's pretty much a lot of mouthing words and subtle pointing.