Playing bass simultaneously with guitar (low strings only)

• Pulling the trigger on a used low pass filter pedal for experimenting with sending the transposed signal out of the Kemper into bass amp. Will update this thread with my results.

Heck, now that I think of it, it might be worthwhile sending that signal into a bass amp and rack within Cubase to see how the low end stacks up.

If the seller doesn't back out, expect some clips in the near future.

• Hey, so here's the test I promised. Kemper through a Moog MF-101, which I just picked up today. The signal was routed through VST Amp Rack in Cubase, but I think it will be eminently better through a real bass amp.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The analog octaves does not give enough of a transposed sound to be usable for this purpose. Chromatic pitch is okay, but I really like how the transpose sounds for simultaneous bass.

I wish I had the money to pick up an EQ pedal to go with this low pass filter. Perhaps in the near future, I feel that some more tweaking of the low and high frequencies would yield better results.

I am also toying with the idea of getting something like a Gallien Krueger bass head, which can be routed directly to the PA through a DI. Would be much better than relying on a clean octave sound live.

I honestly hope you guys enjoy the clip.

• Guys, one more test with clean tones to show how useful something like this can be for a solo musician. I was pretty happy with how well it tracked, and I think you will be too.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you set up the low pass filter the right way and set your volume right, this will sound amazing through a bass amp. I did it using a VST.

• So... Like I was saying :D

Here's a cover of a Royal Blood song called "Ten Tonne Skeleton".

It's done on guitar, so I didn't play it at all like on a bass, so that's something to keep in mind.

But you should note that the "bass" is done using a guitar through the method I've detailed in this thread. I run the octaved Kemper signal into a bass amp VST, but if you go into a real amp, it sounds like a Ten Tonne Hammer!

Here's the isolated guitar and bass.

I was tempted to add vocals, but figured it was better to spare you guys my voice!

If you sing along, I'm sure you'll agree with some tweaking, you could sound like the band Royal Blood... Or even sound like yourself! It's all in the signal chain and what you play! :thumbup: