Fryette's New Power Station

• Has anyone seen this yet? I just recently searched it after seeing Fryettes Facebook post about it, but had no idea they had this cool unit coming out. This looks like an extremely versitile unit, and given VHT/Fryette's history of building arguably the best poweramps in the world, I can't help but want one of these badly, especially with Kempers new Firmware and profiling seperation changes in 3.0. And the price .600 dollars for a tube poweramp made by some of the best guys in the world AND an attenuator? This to me is a no brainer. very cool unit, and super creative I think.

http://www.fryette.com/power-station-…ance-amplifier/

• The point of 3.0 profiling is that you don't need a tube power amp, though. To get the most authentic results, you need a clean solid-state power amp with bags of headroom.

Cheers,
    Sam

I wouldn't say thats "the point" of 3.0 firmware at all, but to each is own. The "point" seems to be better cab and amp seperation, not really sure with having or not having a tube power amp has to do with it. Also I am not sure if you are aware of VHT/Fryette's history, but they make arguably the cleanest and best sounding power amps on the planet: tube or solid state. They are loaded with headroom and basically impossible to break up. This is a lightweight rackmountable unit that also has a built in effects loop, and an awesome attenuator. Very cool I think.

• Well, the part of the 'full' profiles that Kemper hasn't been able to separate from the cabs portion accurately until now is the power amps influence on matters. Disabling Cabs is just an approximation. DI profiles have always just been from the output of the preamp, never with the power amp portion of the rig being profiled. 3.0 fixes that, so that you can have the profile with Cab to FOH and DI (including poweramp) to your guitar cab on stage simultaneously. Much more consistent sound between the two.

Fair enough if the Fryette tube amp is as clean as a solid-state, but otherwise it'd be like putting the signal through a tube power amp twice.

Cheers,
    Sam

Edited once, last by sambrox (January 24, 2015 at 10:45 PM).

• Sam I see what you are saying now, thank you. I somehow did not put the two and two together: That the new firmware profiles both the pre and poweramp section of an amp, verses before that it was just the preamp. This makes complete sense now to me, I see what you are getting at now. I guess I didn't read as much about 3.0 as I thought I did, nor have i ever done a DI profile either so the obvious difference between the two styles of
    profiling wasn't immediately pictured in my mind.