Comparison of one box stereo amplifiers

• thanks very much for the demo! Your video inspired me to buy a Marshall Woburn, which I am thrilled with! May I ask how you are connecting the two? Are you using the XLR to 3.5 or TRS to 3.5? thanks again for the demo, very well done indeed!

• I am just going out of the main left and right outs (TS) using a little adapter that takes 2 male TS jacks into one female TRS stereo jack. I then have a 1/4 inch adapter to 1/8 inch and run a standard iphone aux style cable.

Not a very audiophile solution, but it works

• Well I can not see if this an option, but here is how I power my KPA:

http://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_gpa_400.htm
    + 2 of these:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm

Advantages:

• First of all: Sounds great! V30 speakers and the GPA is very transparent, which is good for powering the KPA.
    • I can use these at home AND at rehearsal AND gigs.
    • Stereo. The image width is not fixed.
    • Loud enough & works fluidly.
    • Portable: I can carry those on my own, which was a pain in the ass when gigging with a 4x12.
    • Speakers can be stapled vertically, which saves space.
    • For some sounds a single 1x12 (therefore mono) sounds better imho. Well, possible of course.
    • Looks cool.
    • Did not burn all my money :D .

Nice day everyone.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hi folks, new here, not a Kemper guy, joined specifically for this thread. Thanks to all for their input, and to Allenhuish for the video.

I'm using ITB software, which I really like in headphones, but I'd like to play live in a room, and possibly with other people, though I haven't done that since it was my living, long ago.

Some of the options listed here I'm not familiar with. The Blueamps 3 in particular looks great, but too rich for my blood.

Is it really true that the Hanwell and the Woburn both have 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 amps for the tweets, but only 1 for both woofs -- they're mono? And "woofers" means everything below 2800Hz, so much of the frequency range is mono. OTOH, all the speakers are so close together, maybe it doesn't matter.

Has anyone tried putting a simple strap hondle on top of the the Hanwell? Might there be a way to do that without hitting the innards?

Besides the ones you've listed, another option I've been looking at is the Fender Passport Studio, "150 Watts, 5” Focal polyglass cone woofer and Focal® inverted-dome tweeter in each front-ported speaker enclosure". Two cabs, one with the electronics in it, that clip together for transport. It can be had at chain store Best Buy for $500. That's more than the best Hanwell blowout price I found, and it's probably not as loud, but it's real stereo, and likely somewhat more detailed sound, though I'm not sure how much difference that'd make in real life. Has anyone tried it for guitar?

So in the end, what are people using, and your happy with it?

• No idea about the Fender Passport, but once you go for separate speakers there are lots of options out there. A lot of people on here like the Yamaha range. I think Roland/Boss do something similar that is quite small.

And also no idea about the 2 amp thing in the woburn/hanwell - that's interesting.

For me, the beauty of the ones I have listed is 'one box', no messing with cables, power supplies, very compact etc.

The other nice thing is that you can try these out in a shop even without the kemper. Just plug in your ipod and listen.

• Hi, I need some advice , now I have a Thr10 . I really want to sell and buy the marshall Stanmore , I see that there are several users who have already worked with the Thr10 , I've heard very good reviews . the Stanmore ,to see if you can help me "ALLENHUISH"
    thank you very much.
    Sorry for my English , I'm from Barcelona

• I have a H&K Tubemaster Combo. You can reduce the Power from 36 W to 18W , 5W or 1W. using the same loudspeaker.
    Sound is pretty good also with reduced Power. (of course not the pressure)
    But I love my Kemper to much as I would leave it at reheasal room ;)
    (At home I use Nearfield Studio monitor and Kemper)