• Apologies if this is somewhere else but I cannot find the answer....

I have the KPA and Ground Control Pro or Musicom GFX depending in the gig.

Both will handle an expression pedal but it takes 2 CC commands for the wah toe switch AND the sweep.

Is there any pedal out there that will originate the MIDI CC commands and is programmable as far as which CC numbers it will send?

I figure if I could find that I could plug the midi out of that to the midi through on the GCP and control my whole rig wi MIDi while having both volume and way always available. Plus it would solve the problem of only having one expression pedal input on the musicom.

thanks!

• AFIK there's no midi expression pedal/wah allowing that.
    I could do what you ask only with a micro controller for line6 stuff made by mDan.
    Consider that you can use the pedal in 1 and 2 in order to control volume and wah, so you can go with the Musicom GFX with no issues.
    Consider that you can set the wah in order to let it work when you move the expression pedal and that you can use the volume wah stomp to control the volume in a certain rig.
    Of course in this last case you have to choose between using the wah or the volume in that rig.
    Hope this helps

P.S: you can use the midi solutions pedal controller in order to let an expression pedal send CC's without haven to link it to your foot controller. ;)

• I plan to use the Mission SP1-LF (designed for the liquid foot controller). Have a Wah setup in stomp A on all rigs. Setup the KPA so that when the Wah is not active, the pedal works as a volume control. The SP1 has the normal sweep and toe button. So when you push the toe button it in effect is switching between a working Wah or volume pedal. It requires using both outputs of the pedal, one for expression/sweep control, the other output for the toe select/on/off button.

Goal is to carry around one pedal and use it for both features since you never really use Wah and volume pedal at the same time anyway, it should work :)

Sean

• I was afraid of that. Oh well I'll keep using an analog wah, it would just be nice to have no audio having to run back to the front of the stage. Maybe someday.

I don't know if you noticed the last part of my message: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodped.htm
    You might use this in order to control the wah with a simple expression pedal, by setting the auto-engagements when moved, and you can use another expression pedal to be hooked into the musicomb.

Or you can save money and run a single TRS cable to the Pedal 1 or 2input and control the way remotely with an expression pedal, always by setting the auto engagement.
    I mean: you won't be able to control Wah and Volume with the same expression pedal and you will need to use two of them, but it makes no difference with having an XPR pedal for volume and an analogic wah, except for the saving of an audio path running thru the stage (which is your goal, isn't it?)

• I knew about the midi solutions box, but how does auto engagements work? does the keeper have the ability to turn on the wah when that pedal moves like the Morley pedals do? if so I might be able to work with that.

Thanks.

I don't know if you noticed the last part of my message: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodped.htm
    You might use this in order to control the wah with a simple expression pedal, by setting the auto-engagements when moved, and you can use another expression pedal to be hooked into the

• I knew about the midi solutions box, but how does auto engagements work? does the keeper have the ability to turn on the wah when that pedal moves like the Morley pedals do? if so I might be able to work with that.

Thanks.

The Wah stomps have a setting to determine how they're switched on - you can have it always on, or automatically on/off at heel, toe, or when you stop moving it.