Seems to be a fair number changing to powered head

• I've only just 'woken up' to the Kemper solution and I am planning to buy a non powered head to use with an active monitor, this seems like quite a neat solution. I have noticed that a fair few of you seem to be swapping your head for a powered head.

I'm not doubting your decision, I just wondered what your reason was?

Being in my position I could go either route and I'd like to avoid making an obvious mistake.

Cheers

• I've only just 'woken up' to the Kemper solution and I am planning to buy a non powered head to use with an active monitor, this seems like quite a neat solution. I have noticed that a fair few of you seem to be swapping your head for a powered head.

I'm not doubting your decision, I just wondered what your reason was?

Being in my position I could go either route and I'd like to avoid making an obvious mistake.

Cheers

I guess that most of those users who swap for a powered version were already using a guitar cab with an external power amp before. In this case the powered version makes a lot of sense, like reducing weight and keeping it compact. I guess that number of users who change from a non-powered KPA with active monitors is relatively small.