Posts by PinkFlesh

Quick update - the Whammy DT is going back. I noticed today there's a LOT more latency when playing with it when compared to the Transpose function in the Kemper.

The answer to your question is Digitech The Drop.

I use it for my dropped songs (drop B and drop C) as 1st position stomp (before distorsion and overdrive) and it sounds awesome: 0 latency and very natural tone.

It is probably the best pedal of the market for this purpose.

Fractal was my 2nd choice after Kemper, but the FM3 delays, plus I am not a deep tweaker, so the Kemper is really a dream.

Sadly, the attitude from Cliff and the Fractal moderators and some users really rubbed me wrong. When I posted I was looking to simplify from Option Overload and Rabbit Holes looking at the Strymon Iridium, Cliff responded: “I think he means he was overwhelmed with too many options. (Fractal) Is like going from Garage Band to a real professional studio.”

I replied I don’t assume he meant to, but I found that a bit offensive. Lots of us want to simplify in some ways. I was then banned from posting on FB Fractal FM3 group. I made an attempt to discuss and resolve differences, but no responses.

Disagree with the king and you are outcast I guess.

if you post in the Fractal forum, you have to figure the average tone of the replies...

...or did you expect to read that Fractal is very complex, requires a lot of time to manage it, and even after a lot of tweaking sometimes it sounds a little bit artificial, especially in the low to mid gain tones, or when you hit 2-3 strings at the same time?

When you spend 2600€ in a new hardware, you try to convince yourself in every way that you have taken the best gear on the planet and that has no flaws. Would you do differently?

I'm in a similar situation, but with an advantage: I cut off immediately Headrush, Helix, Boss GT-1000, Mooer GE300 and so on...Under Kemper/Fractal, we're talking about 70s transistor radios.

I'm in a similar situation for another reason also: I like to build my tone, but I'm not a deep tweaker. Kemper, with its idea of profiling, keeps things simple. Cap bright, speaker resonance, speaker compression, power amp section, tube bias and another zilion of parameters you have to tweak on Fractal, are all captured by the profile. It's like a snapshot that incorporates all this stuff. Add a little bit of modulation and reverb/delay, and you're ready to play.

A few days ago I was very confused, but now I almost made my choice.

Did you buy other profile packs, apart Tone Junkie? Have you tried the Rigbusters profiles, or, MBritt and TAF?

Thanks

Hi all,

it's my first message here, so sorry if I posted in the wrong section, and I'm from Italy, so sorry for my poor english.

In short, I have in mind to get a used Kemper for my home-recording sessions, so no powered version, no control MIDI pedalboard, and no FRFR speaker. It will go on my desk, just near my Audient ID22.

When you buy a used tube amp, you check for fizz, noise, scratchy pots, and so on...but, when you buy a digital head like the Kemper Profiler, what you have to check? In an old post I read about a LED issues in the pots. Are there any other issues I should watch out for?

Are there any special precautions to be taken?

Is the head version more/less reliable than the rack version?

Thanks a lot