Posts by alexburnsred

I'd like to reup this post.

I wanted to play to MP3 songs during the weekend but i cant get the aux volume as loud as the rig volume. I can't lower every rig in my performances...

aux in vol. is all the way up and my phone, too (Huawei P20 lite).

Is there any way to lower the Main Rig Volume without lowering the Aux In, Volume?

i will upload it tonight (german time).

but it should be possible to recreate my settings and test them:

single delay - digital delay - mix: about 85 - feedback: about 33 - interval 3/16(1/8 dot) - no modulation or anything.

then set the tempo in the rig menu to 98-100 and you will see, it is not a dotted 1/8 note...

Hi,

in one Song i have to play in a cover band a dotted 1/8 delay is required.

The problem is: If I use any (tried several) delay and set the time to 3/16(1/8 dot) it is far slower. the tempo of the song is 98, but no matter if i set this tempo in the rig menu or i tap to the beat, it just isn't correct. everything else - 1/16,1/8,1/4, full quarter and so on - is correct, though.

Am i doing something wrong?

I cannot unlock the " to tempo" functin, because depending on the drummer, i have to tap the tempo during the song. The drummer does not use a click when playing live, so it varies.

i get the correct delay time, when i set the tempo to 148 and choose a 1/4 delay. but due to the tap-thing, i cant use it.

it is this song:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hope you can help, it is pretty urgent.

I'm not sure how it's done in the Kemper, but you are correct that a direct pitch shift (i.e. minus 1 half step) should have very little latency because it doesn't need to detect the input pitch. However, if you are using an intelligent pitch shifter (i.e. shifting withing the scale of a key) then there will be more latency as the algorithm must detect the pitch before it can apply the appropriate shift to stay within the desired scale

YES! Thank you. That's what i mean. A fixed pitch doesn't require great calculations as a harmonized pitch

It doesn;t know to transpose A to Ab if the A hasn't been played yet.

as i said: it just needs to think: everything that comes in, i will let out through the -100Cents door.

it does not need to know an exact note. just put every signal 100 cents(for example) down.

the digitech drop at least has no feelable latency when going down 1 or 2 halfsteps, it gets a tiny little washy when going 3 steps down. i wouldn't use it any lower.

Yeah right ..... 100 cents down from what ???? The algoritm has to have something to calculate ....

It´s like buying things on a "30% off" sale, but no one knows the original price , but it´s still 30% off ...

From what ??? Perfectly clear ? "Not really ". 8o

Cheers !

from everywhere? !

take any note, for example an A (440 hz). go down 100 Cents and you have an Ab.

Go down 1200 Cent and you have an A but an octave lower.

the latency in pitch shifters are unavoidable by the nature of the pitch shifting algo. You have to have some number of the input samples before you can calculate output samples.

not really. it doesnt have to guess or calc or anything.

a half step is 100 cent.

so all the device has to do is take the whole signal and transpose it to 100 cents lower.

done.

like it says :"everything coming in from now on i will let out through my "100 cent down-pipe". " shouldnt even take 1ms.

in my case, the latency is the same, wheather i go down 1/2 step or 6 half steps (not that i would really use it )

I have same thing too. Left colored LED on the I-IV switches blinks white periodically.

yes, these and every other LED that is currently enlighted blinks brighter in it's actual color

This is a software problem, and it is unlikely your units have a hardware defect. It will be fixed in an upcoming firmware version.

its been 2,5 years since this post and there is still no software fix...

it would be great if the transpose function(both in rig and as a stomp-effect) would get a latency control.

because i get a little latency when transposing, even when only doing 1 half step. it's not huge but you can clearly feel it when playing. it its still in time when you play, but not as on-point as usual , but like i said its much more feelable.

the digitech drop pedal does it perfectlywithout latenxy, so it should be doable for the Kemper.

If you are using the stomp effect for transpose, turn off the smooth chords for less processing?

What? smooth chords?

I did some experimentation on using a digitech drop vs the rig transpose feature - and the Kemper latency was MUCH better IMO. Are you using it at rig level or stomp level?

its in the first stomp slot(locked). i have to switch between tunings between songs, so its just a push of a button to swap.

I never had any latency using the digitech drop.

If you can hear your picking you play with a too low volume.

if you read correctly, you would have noticed, that i wrote the "pick-noise" is just slighte BEFORE the sound of the amp...