Posts by SlyTowerhead

Hi friendly users of the Kemper machine.

I know it's late and I've been confused about something i might have changed somewhere.

I know someone here used to have an issue hearing the looper playback in 'post'. For me, it is the opposite.

I was used to hear the playback on the looper then I could browse profiles with my hands free from the guitar and the sounds would change

everytime I switched presets. Now i cant hear anything (switched on 'input').

If I switch on output (post) on the system's looper position , I can hear the playback but I cant hear the changes of sound

when I'm switching presets (it stays with the same sound I used to record the loop).

Output Source is set to Master mono for Main Output.

Greetings from the frozen eastern Canada.

Guitar player, music lover, radio show host / podcaster.

Happy to be part of a new exciting era of tone sharing and new methods for recording.

The future is here, and it is inspiring.

In late 1986, i was trying to get a metal sound with the overdrive switch on a 10 W Crate amp. In 2019, i am dialing all the amps and rigs on the planet.

Processing ideas for a 'progressive / extreme metal project

with lots of diversity. To be continued!

Kemper Rack unpowered

Line 6 Helix LT

Art SLA-1 2x100 power amp

Mesa Boogie 2 x 12 vertical

Solar Artist 2.6, PRS Signature Paul Allender, Jackson Monarkh guitars

Tobias IV bass

PreSonus Studio One

T-Racks, Waves plug-ins

the radio show: https://soundcloud.com/subversion-metal-show

My first Kemper was a Rack non powered version that I got at a very good price. I then needed a power amp but couldn't afford one off those expensive ones. So I went the cheapest way while I saved some money. I bought a super affordable Harley Benton GPA-400.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_gpa_400.htm

It was used and I paid 100€ for it. And you know what? It sounded killer. Didn't need to go for the expensive one in the end.

I now have a powered head because it's more convenient to have everything in one piece. But my advice would be to try for yourself and don't believe everything you read in forums. They're just opinions and your's might be different.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advices!

Mr. Atlantic, I considered the Harley Benton GPA 400 from a seller, but finally I bought an Art SLA-1 2 x 100 W which is all I needed (and afordable) to play the profiler through the cab. It's a 'different kind of good' indeed like Chris says, with the cab vs the studio monitors. Didnt tried the Frfr or power speaker yet. As for direct recording, lots of high gain profiles sound pretty good with Cab sim along with external impulse reponses (which that makes somewhat two cabs in the chain, something most people dont wanna hear about, but certain presets sounds good together, tweaking or not.). Still processing ideas....!

Hi there. I got the unpowered version of the KPA cause I got a deal I couldnt go wrong with. This was just after I got a Mesa 2 x 12 vertical cab with v30s to match with a 50 W EVH i never got. Was expecting to use my Helix LT through the effect loop of the eventual head and have the sound of the Mesa Cab for recording or just for the pleasure of playing. But then I considered going FRFR in the meantime, as I got my eyes on the seemingly afforable Laney LFR 112. Still, I would be curious to hear the KPA running through the Mesa Cab I already own, but from what I read in forums, loop in the head dont seem to be a winner, and having a power amp + cab in the equation might prevent you from hearing the best of your KPA rigs, compared to FRFR/flat/powered speakers. If you can share your thoughts or experiences, that might be helpful.

considering:

- KPA to Mesa 20/20 poweramp and Mesa Cab 2 x 12

- KPA to a similar power amp or solution like the eventual Fryette LX II (which coming soon but might be pricey?)

- going FRFR with KPA to Laney LFR 112 or Alto S310 just for monitoring and record direct. (this option would let me use the cab similations of the KPA which are

sounding pretty good already thought my small studio monitors.

p.s the description under the Fryette might be inspiring.

''Now you can hear what that model is supposed to really sound like!''

http://www.fryette.com/lxii-stereo-power-amp/