Posts by RoxSy75020

Hello everyone !

I'm a backline technician and recently started to think about a complete network for the Kemper.

We have 2 Profilers (one main, one spare) and 2 remotes.

I know now that we can connect 2 remotes to one Profiler using a POE switch and use a POE injector for the stage cable (25 meters).

I ordered the references given in the manual and will try this soon I hope.

Now, before I try a stupid thing and burn some gear I wanted to know if it would be possible to hook up the 2 remotes AND the 2 Profilers in the same POE switch ?

Both remotes would be controlling both Profilers at the same time to have them working in parallel, or a perfect mirror in case of failure.

I'm not really an expert of network and POE so I'm worried that if I hook up all those units together would create some power loops or voltage overload, or anything like this ...

The main goal is :

2 Kemper Profilers,

1 POE Switch TP-Link TL-SG1008P,

1 Remote at my feet with a small 5meters cable,

1 Remote on stage at 25meters with a POE Injector TP-Link TL-POE150S.

Is there any potential problem with that network or any danger I should be aware of ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Simon

Hello everyone !

I'm a touring technician and a few gigs ago the network cable linking the Profiler to the remote failed.

I tried to hot connect a new cable and the remote never came to life.

The leds in the back of the Profiler never lit up.

I had to shut the unit down and restarted it, and it worked like a charm.

I assume the Kemper is shutting down it's network functions like ''power'' maybe to avoid damages.

Is there a way to wake up the ''network functions'' ans force the remote and the Profiler to re-sync ?

I have the Profiler Head and the Profiler Rack and managed to recreate the situation with both units.

Both have latest firmware ...

You link remote and the unit and starts the unit.

Then if you hot swap the cable the remote is not coming to life.

You have to turn the unit off and back on to have sync.

That said, you can actually hot swap remotes.

It does work.

But no joy for the cable ...

Anyone has any idea ?