Posts by cyprusg

Well, now I'm super confused. I tried going directly from the headphone jack on the Kemper into input 1 on my Apollo and the quality is even worse. The difference in audio quality is a lot less noticeable on my bass vs guitar. Which makes me think I'm losing a lot of high frequencies. I'm using Mogami cables so I doubt it's an issue with cable quality too. I don't know, I'm at a loss.

How do you compare the sound of what you are hearing in headphones to what you're hearing in speakers? Im not sure I fully grasp what you're saying, but you're claiming the sound quality of the headphone output is better than the main outputs? And you are comparing this by listening to headphones connected to the headphone output and comparing the experience with listening to speakers connected to the main output? That'd not a 1 for 1 conversion. Have you tried connecting the main output and headphone output into your interface, record both,and compared the recordings? Sounds like you prefer the coloration of the headphone amp.

I'm comparing headphones plugged into the Kemper and Apollo Twin/Fireface 800. No speakers.

I've found dozens of posts from people experiencing the same issues but I haven't found a fix. I have an Apollo Twin and an RME Fireface 800 and the Kemper sounds significantly worse in both compared to headphones. It almost sounds like a dry guitar signal with effects layered on top of it, or if the levels of guitar signal/amp/cab/effects are screwed up with the volume of the amp and cab turned way down. Here's what I've tried so far.

Tried TRS, TS, and XLR cables. No audible difference.

Turned off "Space" in the headphone settings

Tried the guitar input on my Apollo

Tried every option under Main Output settings (Mod Mono, Mod Stereo, Main Mono, etc.)

I'm at a loss and hoping someone has some ideas.