Posts by Chriss945

check my thread above yours ,
    Kemper/poweramp/cab Resonance

I'm not going for amp in the room sounds, however this sounds interesting, ill definitely give it a try. What do you suggest about the Main Outputs though? I don't really want to send a boost of +3 @ 120Hz (for example) to the desk. I wish the 'Monitor Output EQ' wasn't just BMTP, and actually had adjustable Q's, this would solve so many problems.

I recall that this power amp has been the cause of other cases where users were not happy with their tone.
    It seems like an odd combination to use a pro level preamp into a great cab with such a potential bottleneck. Definitely the weakest link in the signal chain.

Since you seem to have access to a tube amp that produces the tone you are looking for - great! Make Profiles! :)

Yeah, that does make sense. The problem is funds. Having already forked out for a Kemper, and selling off my old gear, I no longer have enough to buy high level stuff. All I need the power amp for is to power the speakers, do you have any recommendations for clean amps the don't colour the sound? Anything in a 1U rack size, as I have space under the Kemper in the rack box?

When you say "low gain fender cleans", which gain range on the KPA are you talking about?

In general more gain => less punch.

You could try to fiddle with the pick attack and/or power sag controls and see if that gets you closer for a start.

For example, I have both the 67 Deluxe Reverb original and 65 Deluxe reverb reissue profiles from Michael Britt. The cleanest of the profiles, don't sound like deluxe's to my ears, and the gainer profiles, the breakup sounds wrong. I have done a fair amount of recording with Deluxe's, my dad owns the 67 like I said, I also used to own a 65 reissue, before I owned my two rock. Something about the dynamics in the Kemper feel wrong to me, whether it be the sagging control, which to my ears, doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm missing something, like a setting somewhere isn't correct. maybe clean sense? I have no idea how to set this.

To be clear, I'm not expecting amp in the room sounds, I am expecting the sounds to sound like i would expect them to in a recording, through reference monitors. I've just noticed that with hum buckers it seems to be harder to get there than with single coils.

I may have originally posted this in the wrong forum, apologies!

So I've been a Kemper user for a little over two months, mostly live, and it is incredible, as expected!

I mainly use a Telecaster. I also use a Strat from time to time. They sound great, mostly, I'll get to this.

I also have an Ibanez JSM-10, essentially a 335, and a Gibson SG. Now, both of these guitars sound great through valve amps, my previous amp was a Two Rock.
    I am having real problems getting the Humbucker equipped guitars to react how they would through real amps. I'm tweaking all the parameters, Definition etc as opposed to drastically tweaking the EQs, and I'm drawing blanks everywhere, mainly clean sounds. Using exclusively Britt profiles, as I haven't been impressed with TAF profiles I've tested, open to suggestions of course!

I like Fender type Cleans, and the low gain fender cleans don't have enough punch/power to cut through like a real amp, and the ones with a tad more gain have more gain and makes its more of a crunch sound. My Dad's 67 Deluxe reverb, has this powerful tone at about 5 on the dial, but still clean, and doesn't break up like the profiles tend to be. Am I expecting too much? any suggestions for profiles suited to live use?

The drive sounds feel slightly uncompressed, and under saturated, but compression doesn't solve it, any tips here?

I'm using a rack mounted unpowered head into a Magnum 44 Poweramp into a 2x10 Dr.Z Cab with Dr Z speakers made by eminence (yes, monitor cabs are off). Like I said, the single coil sounds work fairly well, Ive just come to a dead end when it comes to humbuckers. I also have a Yamaha DXR10, which I was unimpressed with, if you have any tips for making that sound sweeter I'm happy to try it out again.

Basically I'm going through a massive learning curve using it, but I'm also steadily gigging between 3-5 nights a week, with multiple bands and artists, expecting multiple sounds. Any tips on any of this I have posted would be much appreciated!

Thanks