Posts by ananth

Thanks, Robman.
    I'll look up the Rigbusters pedals.

And yes, my request was around being able to save them as a stomp, as opposed to being part of a rig.

And I know time based effects are a lot trickier, but I'm more interested in effects like the POG... It would be fascinating, even if it doesn't match what the POG does, to see what kind of output the profiler generates when trying to profile something like that.

Cheers,
    AP

Hi folks,
    I was wondering if it would be possible to profile just pedals / effects.
    I'm imagining a workflow like this :

• Connect "Send" to the pedal/effect's input, the pedal/effect's output to "Return". Connect your guitar normally...
    • Set the settings you want on your pedal
    • Put the KPA in profiling mode
    • Press the "X" effect button to say we're going to profile a pedal
    • (Maybe also set a similar pedal setting on your rig, so you can tell the Kemper what you're profiling)
    • Start profiling

It would be awesome to capture just that effect/pedal and to store it as a pedal, that we can then use in our rig.
    I understand for a lot of the pedals, we'd just be capturing a snapshot of those settings on the pedal, but even that is good. I'd be very interested to capture, for instance, an ElectroHarmonix POG or HOG and see what the Profiler makes of it.
    If I try something like this and see what comes out (even if I'm profiling it as an "amp"), I'll update this thread.

Cheers,
    AP

Hi folks,
    Glad to be on here...

I'm an Indian who got lost, refused to ask for directions and somehow ended up in Brisbane, Australia. My full name is (don't hold your breath) Ananthapadmanabhan Ranganathan, but for purposes of sanity, most people just call me A P. I love listening to all sorts of music; rock, jazz, blues, prog rock, metal, funk, pop, folk, western classical, Indian classical, trip hop, shoegaze, ethnic music and fusion from around the world... It goes on.

I play drums and guitar. Back in India, I have a trusty old Vox Pathfinder... But here, it's mostly been practice in the study with a Yamaha THR 10C. It seems like I might finally start gigging, and I decided to go straight for a Kemper. I try to make up for my lack of technique by buying gear I have to try and improve to justify! (Only half-kidding)
    I've only had it for a few hours, but I already see the tremendous possibilities. I had a couple of jaw drop moments, followed by a wide grin. :)

Now to learn how to use the amp well, and all the nuances. I look forward to advice and guidance from you fine folk. I'm also a software engineer, so I hope that somewhere along the line, I can make helpful contributions to the community that way.

Cheers.