Posts by BigTired

I would also love this. It's essential if you use a lot of rhythmic delay or play along to drum machines, etc. Until my recent downsizing/KPA fundraising I was using a Disaster Area Smartclock to sync my Timeline delay, my Moog Mother 32 and my Boomerang III looper. It locked the loop start/stop to the nearest beat and worked really well. Only started to drift after several minutes.

Now I'm looping with my Ableton Push 2 which also starts/stops on the beat as well as allowing trimming and quantizing. It's the best solution I've found for at home use, especially if you use an external footswitch to start/stop.

Thanks for the well wishes! My son is feeling better and happy to return to daycare today. The wife not so much. This bug really did a number on us.

I got about 30 minutes with the KPA last night. Just plugged headphones in, scrolled through profiles, figured out the looper, and it sounded great. Better with my Firebird than my Ric 330, but I'm sure I'll find some profiles that match it. My one concern has been that I play those guitars which aren't the typical strat/tele/lp people used to make the profiles.

Tonight I plan on downloading the latest firmware and Rig Manager, and hooking the KPA up to my interface to play through the monitors. And maybe test running through the return on my Mesa Studio 22, because a friend just asked me to play a one off Pixies tribute show with them and they want to practice this weekend.

I recently decided I had to have a Kemper. Sold a bunch of pedals and cut a nice deal with Perfect Circuit Audio on President's Day for a new KPA head in black. Then I found a "used" remote on Reverb, had a relatively low offer accepted and pulled the trigger on Wednesday. Got both for less than the price of the Kemper before this recent price drop.

Well the Remote arrived today but the KPA isn't getting here until 3/1, according to FedEx. Torture. I think the Remote was brand new, but maybe a return from a package deal that the store couldn't sell as new on it's own. It was all still in the plastic, not a mark on it, and the cable hadn't been opened up. And my shipping label was the only one ever on the box.

I'm really hoping the Kemper will be my solution for both a grab and go garage rock rig and a studio tool for ambient music. I sold my Timeline and BigSky but kept half a dozen pedals, including a couple analog delays and a Mr. Black Eterna Gold. Hopefully between those and the built in effects, I can recreate what I have been doing for the past year or so since my band went kaput. I'll probably need a new looper (sold my Boomerang) since I like to use an order-switching 2 channel bypass looper to reroute my mod/time effects for pre and post loop use, to make those space glitch sounds. My former board:

I don't think I'll need a cab solution just yet. Plan on using my Rokit 8's at home but if I decide I'm happy with the Kemper, I'll probably sell my trusty bar gig amp, an old Mesa Studio 22+, to fund a Friedman ASM-12.

If you're into the atmospheric thing, here's a mostly improvised looping thing I made over the course of a couple nights this month:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Looking forward to plugging in and learning from you all!

- Keith