Posts by Niomenon

Hello!

Trying to figure out the best way to route my Kemper outs. I'm using SSL X-Desk as mixer, so no preamps or lines in on the desk, and have to use external preamps. I can't tell from the Kemper manual exactly what type of signal is going out of the Main Outputs of the Profiler, so please advise where to hook up!

My AMS Neve preamps have an XLR line in and of course the microphone XLR in.

Q#1: Is the XLR line in the best option for the Kemper?

Q#2: Do I need to use a DI Box to connect to the mic inputs without causing damage?

Q#3: I have been using the TRS DI input on my Shadow Hills Gamas, and that seems to work, but is it a good idea?

Sorry about my amateur questions. :/

Hi, folks! I updated my Kemper a few days ago with the rig manager up and usb connected to my computer. There was an error message that said the Kemper is "broken" (actually used that term) and would attempt to fix the problem. What I noticed afterward was that all of my reverbs were gone from the FX list after holding down the reverb button. Only Spring reverb remained. Surprisingly, the Legacy Reverb still loads with profiles that had it. However, I cannot load any others except Spring. How do I get the reverbs back?

I had a similar issue in the last few days - 1000 rigs warning on KPA when booting it up but RM telling me I had just 960.

I had been saving multiple new rigs to the KPA and then moving them to RM folders on my PC and deleting them from the KPA to make room for more. I reverted to the previous release version of the OS which fixed this and contacted support. Support said to reinstall the latest beta and hold the rig button down for 30 secs on reboot of the KPA.

Yes! I was importing and moving rigs similarly, and holding down the rig button while booting also fixed my problem!!! The number of rigs on the KPA and the Rig Manager now match at well under 1000. No more lengthy rig-synching at startup, either.

May be the factory rigs that are on there in addition to your imported ones. Regardles, FWIW I barely have any profiles stored on my actual Kemper. You can import them into Rig manager and load from there, just connecting via USB. That way you can have as many as you like, all organised into different folders, by amp or profiler etc. Only import the rigs that you will definitely need for a gig or something. I'm assuming you have a computer near your Kemper?

Hey, man. When you load profiles from Rig Manager, does it say "Preview" along with your stars-rating on the Profiler screen? Is that preview mode just as high quality as the normal mode when loading from the Profiler itself?

I've purchased a lot of 3rd party profiles with the idea that the profiler can store 1000 or so. Recently, the Rig Manager reported I had 862 on the profiler, but started with a message that I had over 1000 and needed to delete at least 55 (I think). So, I deleted more than that and got the same message--that I had over 1000 profiles on the Kemper and needed to delete at least 15. Rinse, repeat. I deleted about 20, and got the same message, even though the rig manager reported that I had 775 on the profiler. What's going on?