Posts by soundactivist

Thanks everyone for al the tips!
    @spikey thanks for commenting on the Friedman, that thing on the celestion speaker was only a question, now I got this right :)
    I'm agree with you, I'd need to try some myself, unfortunately where I live i doubt I'd find enough variety...I'd never get to try the matrix, the xitone the clr or the friedman...plus I play baritone so I was trying to understand which cabs could be better in terms of power and construction for the extended bass range. Based on what you hear do you think the asm-12 could handle more bass?

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone here could give me an advice on what Full Range cabinet to buy for my Kemper. I use the unpowered version so I need a powered speaker and, after a lot of searching online I feel there's a bit of confusion and I can't decide...the models and brands that seems the best to me are:
    MATRIX FR12
    MATRIX FR10

FRIEDMAN ASM 12 (this mounts Celestions so this means this feels more like a regular amp cabinet but also colours the sound so it's not full range?)
    HEADRUSH FRFR 122 (but I saw it seems identical to a rebranded ALTO TS 212 but with more power..anyone tried these?)
    Yamaha DRX12

I play a baritone guitar and I need a lightweight speaker that I can use at home for sound tweaking and onstage, so I also need volume I guess... so I was thinking to settle on a MATRIX FR12 that has also the DSP function which is interesting but has 300w of power versus, for example, the 2000W of the Headrush..what's the difference? do I need that much power? any advice anyone?
    thanks in advance
    Alex

Hi guys!
    Today my Profiler's screen started acting weird with a flickering in intensity and colour...I mean, for example, when I'm in the light blue Rig view it randomly changes colour to purple for a second o more and then comes back to regular light blue and it continues doing this like a flickering...in other words seems like it's malfunctionig..I have some very important gigs in the next days so, is this something I should worry about? Anyone experienced this before?? Any help for fixing this?
    thank
    Alex

there where no stomps, I checked...I built up a new preset (for the guitar and locked it for performance) starting from scatch and now it seems to work ok...but I had to set it very low..like - 7 dB...isn't that too much?...maybe the Moog boosts the signal so much it's like I had some super hot pickups...
    :)

Yes ok but what if, with that one guitar preset, only one of the rigs in the performance has a volume problem if I raise the gain?...Iet me explain better :) .. for my clean sound I'm trying to use the Morgan profile included in the M Britt pack that Kemper released a few days ago...but only with that profile, if I use the same input preset I saved for my guitar I get a dramatic volume fall if I raise the gain...so I figured I had to re-set my clean sense..am I wrong?
    thanks for answering me anyway ;)
    Alex

Hi guys,
    I did some more tries and some gigs with my profiler and I still have some volume jump issues between my rigs in performance mode...maybe there's still something I don't get right..
    I basically have a performance with 4 sounds (1 clean, 1 for finger plyaying, 2 dirt) and use one guitar+moogerfooger MF 101 throughout the entire set.
    Since the moog boosts the signal anyway (it's not true bybass so adds a little dirt to every rig) I figured I had to have 4 different clean sens + dist sens setup one for each rig, in order to calibrate them good...but I still have volume issues for example if I raise the gain in the clean rig the volume drops down heavily..so is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this a wrong approach? I mean...is it correct to have a different input preset for each rig if a use the same guitar in the performance or should I find one for the guitar and adjust each rig afterwards? sorry if this is a bit unclear...any tips? thanks in advance

Thanks for the replies guys! I asked this question because in the manual says that the profiler comes with all the profiles at approx the same amount of loudness..but I feel that they have very different levels...expecially among the clean ones...so I guess what I have to do is setting an overall balance with the clean sens (between clean and distorted sounds) and then fine tune the levels of the profiles that might have more or less volume (with the Rig Volume knob)?
    Thanks again to all :)
    Alex

Hi Guys
    I'm pretty new here, just got my profiler a week ago, so sorry if this is a dumb question for someone :) ...
    I'm having a bit of trouble with relative levels of some of the factory rigs...what I feel is that some of the clean tones have different levels from each other and I read everything on the manual about setting up "clean sens" and "distortion sens"..for now my setup is simply my Gibson SG (with 2 gibson humbuckers, so fairly low compared to stuff like EMGs) into the profiler.
    I know that there are so many different sounds in the profiler with so many different frequencies, so okay in some cases it may be an ear illusion but, for example I clearly hear the rig named "Beat boy" a lot weaker than the one "AS Sure Badge" or, I hear some of the dirtier rigs lower than some clean ones...and I also get one of the rigs clipping in the output only (Edvaha 5150III Hi Sue Gr...)...and I never touched the volume knob in any rig...if I got it right they all should sound at the right level out of the box with the correct clean sens balance...right?
    Any tips on setting this up?? :D
    thanks
    Alex