Posts by amosmax

Hello all,

Just upgraded to latest non-beta release 7.5.4 (previously on 7.4.something).

On my unit the stomp statuses are now persisted in performance mode.

Example: slot 1 - crunch stack with a TS in stomp 1, default off

If I turn on the TS in slot 1 (using Kemper remote), then switch to another slot in the same performance, then switch back to slot 1, the rig is loaded with the TS on.

If I turn on the TS in slot 1, then switch to another slot in a different performance, and then switch back to slot 1, the rig is loaded with the default setting - TS off.

Going to guess this is not by design - can anyone reproduce?

Thx in advance!

M.

Hi all,

Can someone point me to a tutorial (or similar) on how to set up a third party expression pedal for wah-wah, including configuring the toe switch for on/off?

I'm using a Roland FC300. It has two pedals built it. For some reason the first pedal worked out of the box for input volume. Trying to get the second one to work.

Thx in advance for help and/or pointers.

Marcus.

Hello all,

anyone by any chance using a Lexicon MPX R1 midi controller with the KPA? Just looking for some general advice on configuration, pitfalls etc.
    Also, any general resources or pointers RE midi controllers would be much appreciated!

In this context, I found a "Kemper Wiki" on the Interwebs (http://foobazaar.com/wikpa). It appears to be a bit older and no linger maintained, but it mentions a computer based graphical Midi config tool developed by a Kerman Rodriguez from Everglades Audio.
    The link to it is dead, just wondering if anyone knows what became of this project.

Thx in advance for all help and pointers!
    M.

Hi All,

just a simple Q: The master output appears to be the only stereo output. Can these be used with/plugged into a stereo (guitar) power amp (obviously with speaker sim off) or is this not recommended.
    If not why not?

Thx in advance!
    M.

Hi All,
    Not a Kemper owner yet, but seriously thinking about it.
    I'm pretty sure I understand all of the Kemper Amps capabilities and functionality for recording, reamping, profiling, and "direct-out" scenarios. I do have a couple of questions for "traditional" live usage, though, and I can't seem to find answers for them (yes, I've read the manuals ;) ).

I run a (relatively) simple rack system, with an ADA MP2, a Lexicon MPX G2, and a Marshall Valvestate poweramp. I feed this into a single stereo 4x12 cab, or in larger clubs, 2 4x12s with the stereo cab switched to mono.

For those who don't know the Lexicon MPX G2, the unit is intended to work with rack mount preamps, where it is set up so that stomp box style effects are in front of the amp and rack style effects in the amp effects loop (Guitar -> MPX -> ADA input -> ADA FX stereo send -> MPX Insert returns -> MPX Main outs -> ADA FX returns -> Power Amp).

I really don't get too fancy with effects (mainly reverbs, delays, mods, and compressors etc), but I do enjoy the "space" of the stereo effects (stereo delays, rotary, Harmonizer etc.)

My questions to the Kemper gurus:
    1. are the Kemper's effects as good as a Lexicon (subjective, I know - just interested in opinions)
    2. Am I correct in the assumption that the Kemper's effects loop send is mono, but return is stereo by using FX return + alternative input?
    3. The Master output appears to be the only stereo output. Can these be used with/plugged into a stereo (guitar) power amp and cabs?
    4. If the answer to 3. is no, how do you hook up multiple guitar cabs (preferably in stereo) in a live scenario?
    5. Is anyone using additional effects units with the Kemper (I don't mean stomp boxes - things like harmonizers, delays etc.)? If yes, are you just using the mono effects loop?

Thx in advance for all help and/or pointers!!
    Rgds - Marcus.