Posts by artman

I'm just using the di because my rack case was already wired from using my 11 Rack. I'll definitely run direct to the PA for the next gig. I like to only bring 1 monitor, so I run vox through it as well. I don't need a monitor behind me, so that works as a good option when I don't feel like using my IEM's.

Thanks for the advice!

Normally I use in-ear monitors, if I don't, I use a powered floor wedge (a cheap Kustom).It is fed from the same aux send I use for my in-ears. This way I kill 2 birds with 1 stone - I put the vocals through it as well like I do with my IEM's.

I used my Kemper live at a benefit Sunday. It was good, not great. We only played a couple short sets so I figured I'd wing it after only having it for a week and a half. I didn't rehearse with it, but l was a kid with a new toy so I HAD to use it. I ran out of the mains (xlr - 1/4) into a Radial JDI direct box where I merged the output and sent one channel out to the board. I used an aux send to feed a powered monitor for my stage volume. Here's where my lack of knowledge reared its ugly head. I had the wrong output option selected when I first tried it - I bought it used so actually the person I bought it from. The one it was set for was very low - I had the gain on the channel almost pegged. The sound was good - but it sounded a little weak. I didn't mess with it too much, I just got it working and went with it.

So after the gig, even though I was pleased with the sound, I thought it was missing something. I am very familiar with running direct to the PA, as I have been using an Eleven Rack live for years so I figured the Kemper would be just as easy. The Kemper has many more output options, so choose carefully my friends! So, I re-read the 'output' section of the manual and I figured it out - I now have Main Out set to Master Stereo and the level at -17db. I had another option originally, not sure which one,and the level was set to 0db and it was still too low. Anyway, I can't wait to use it next week now that I have it ironed out (hopefully)!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Was everyone else as overwhelmed by the amount of awesomeness in this box? I haven't had much sleep since I got it. I am amazed at the number of great free rigs available. Reading the forum has provided some invaluable info to expedite the learning curve immensely. I hope to offer some assistance in the future.

I have programmed my GCP using 4 presets and 8 instant access in Browse mode. Performance mode looks like it could be pretty useful, has anyone had any luck using the GCP? I have done some searching but haven't found a whole lot of specific info. Full disclosure - I haven't searched all that much as all my free time has been consumed by previewing rigs on the exchange! :D8o:thumbup:

Hi all!

I just picked up a Kemper rack last week. I downloaded some profiles and used the forum to get some answers to newbie questions. Man, I love this thing! I'm currently using it with a Voodoo Labs GCP. It is, for the most part, very intuitive. I look forward to, hopefully, offering something useful as I become more acclimated with my Kemper.

I've just scratched the surface of this beast, and so far I'm completely amazed. I play many different styles of music so the ability to plug in a rig that suits a particular need is huge. I am stepping up from an Eleven Rack, which is a fine piece of gear, but I always thought there was 'something' missing.

Here are a few links to some recordings I've done in the past. I'm looking forward to creating many new ones with the Kemper!

Art

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.