Posts by evh0u812

Similar issue for me too. Remote is 4 weeks old. Never been stepped on. I bought it so I could change patches in the studio and turn effect on and off without stressing the little buttons on the from of my rack. The display would intermittently be quit dull. other times really bright. Then today it turned itself off. and wont turn back on. Tried a new cable but nothing. Ill return it to the store and see if I can get a refund. Back to the FCB1010 with UNo chip for me.

Id be shatted if I was using it to gig and it did this. lol that was $700 AU well spent.

Tube poweramp sounds like it does not because its tube but because of the way the output transformer responds with the speaker. SS amps have a super high dampening factor which keeps a tight control over the speaker. This is why people say they sound sterile because you get very little of the speakers character. All the profiling or modelling tricks in the world cant change that fact.
    A tube amp lets the speaker 'loose' at certain frequencies depending on where the resonance and presence controls are (if fitted). The lower they are set the flatter the response of the amp. You can absoluey build a tube amp with tight speaker dampening if you wanted to. Hifi boys have been doing that for years.

I love the sound of my kemper through my Synergy 5050 poweramp.
    Diffence in feel is night and day.

Would love the output eq section to be selectable. The bass mid treb pres is ok but id love the option to have the graphic eq instead. I get great results running it in the first block of the fx section but its a waste of a block.
    Graphic eq if far more configurable.

Seems the only way to do this is to scrap the entire mod delay and reverb and run a seperate fx processor for these fx. Fed by the main outs set to Stack output. Pity its such a waste of great delays and verbs. Plus more gear to buy. Hmmm.

Just wondering if anyone can help me figure this out.
    Ive got basic W/D/W running fine at the moment..........Monitor out to my dry amp/center cab, set to Stack only...............Left and right out set to delay/rev to a seperate poweramp and cabs. This works great for regular W/D/W but I want to do the Van Halen thing and run Micro pitch detune before the delay block and this setup wont let me. Who do I need to bribe to make the next firmware have a Mod/Dly/Rev Output option? lol.
    With the options available I cant even include a loop block before the Delay and run an external Eventide H9. Hopefully Im just missing something. Help a fellow Kemper brother out if you know!!!!!!!

Yep seen that. Its not about needing info on the install so much as seeing inside a stock power rack. Just need to see where the audio is routed between the power amp and the rear output board. My goal is different from the youtube vid. I want all my connection to be internal with the exception of the speaker jack.

Ive searched Google but cant find one. Does anyone have a picture of the inside of a power rack?

Im fitting a mono Ritter amp module inside my non powered head (just like the powerhead) and just want to see where the monitor out is connected to the amp.

Theres a molex plug inside the internal power supply to connect to the poweramp so no need to fit another iec socket.

My goal is to have only the speaker out fitted to the rear of the head and have all other connections internally.

If anyone feels like pulling the lid off their power rack and taking some pics id be eternally grateful!!!!!!! :)

Im using the Kemper rack as purely a preamp in the loop of another piece of gear and it sounds amazing. I dont use any of the other Kemper features so all my rigs are saved with no fx and no cab. Is there a way to midi select the rigs in browser mode or do I need to start using performance mode? 3 weeks in I dont think ive even tried performance mode. lol.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gary.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Ive profiled my remaining preamps and even the preamp from a Bogner Shiva that I have here for repair. The results are fantastic.
    I was warned off using the Kemper with a valve amp for obvious reasons, but to me its sounds so much more natural than a solid state amp.

Funny thing.....I had a friend over today profiling the preamp of his favourite amp. He was so impressed he got on the phone and ordered a Kemper rack from the store I purchased mine from. :thumbup:

Finally made the jump to Kemper and Im really impressed so far. Ive had multiple Fractal units and I have the Helix rack right now.
    My rig consists of the Helix as the central point, and various valve pre amps that Ive build in the 4 Helix fx loops, running out to a stereo 50w a side Engl poweramp and 2 x EVH 2x12 cabs. Being able to choose any one of my preamps along with the great fx in the helix was almost the perfect rig.
    Ive been building amps for a while and this seemed like the prefect way to get multiple amp sounds into my rig without having a head for every sound. Problem is every time I want a new pre amp, Ive got to build it.
    I figured the Kemper might fill the need for the new pre amps and only take up one loop from the Helix.......

That brings me to where I am now. I spent the an hour this morning profiling one of my 2 channel pre amps and the results are outstanding. I cant tell the difference between the Kemper and my rack. This will turn my rig on its head as now I can profile my pre amps and sell them on.
    I knew what the Kemper was made to do but I didnt think id use the profiling abilities to be honest. This has been a big curve ball and Im loving it.

My pre amp profiles are in the Rig Exchange under MichelleAmps. These are direct made to be played through a valve power amp. Just need to figure out how to remove the cab tag from the profile........they say Cornford 4x12 for some reason but I couldnt figure out where that was so I can delete it.

Hi im thinking of buying a kemper but had some questions I couldnt find the answers to.

Firstly is it possible to globally disable the cabinet emulation? Ill be using the kemper purely as a preamp into a valve power amp and dont want to have to turn off the cab every time I select a profile.

Secondly how do you call up presets/profiles with midi?
    Is it just regular old bank and pc messages?
    Im sure ill have more questions the deeper I dig.

Thanks in advance.
    Gary.