Posts by CurtisLarson

Hey guys,
    Has anybody tried using classic fuzz and overdrive pedals in front of the Kemper like the big pi fuzz? I love the sound of the big pi and just curious how I could best incorporate that sound into a Kemper-based rig.

How have you tried this? What have you found? Which pedals did you use?

Is the Kemper's fuzzy overdrive-ish category just as good as the real pedals?

**can you use an expression pedal for a Kemper to control the Kemper's drive, fuzz and distortion levels to hopefully get a large range of immediate real-time dynamic control over this effect using the Kemper?

-just a curious bystander for now, a grand or two is a lot of money to me right now...so just doing my research

Thanks for the responses. I'll have some pics and sound mixes to show in the future probably.

I didn't plan to put the keyboard through the Kemper, but hell, why not give it a try. I'll see how it sounds and maybe I'll be buying two kempers. There is a small chance this would actually save money since Nord stage 2 keyboards (which I also have my eye on) are $3,000-4,000.

Im a total newb so hopefully someone jumps in....
    This might be total BS and maybe you've already done this, but I thought you could turn the cab SIM option off on the Kemper?
    Since it sounded good through FOH, maybe someone knows how to turn "off" the Kemper cab sims on the output to your cab, but keep the cab sims "on" as they have been through a second output to FOH.

Hopefully I didn't just make that up :whistling: ... I don't own a Kemper and I kind of have a similar question.

Hey everyone,

It's been fun reading this forum for a few months, I finally decided to sign up. I hope I'll know enough soon to contribute.

My background in music is brass instruments and piano. I have a very poor background in guitars and electronic amplification, in general. I just know I love music, I'm learning the guitar, I don't have any other hobbies, and the Kemper sounds powerful--so I'm saving up for a Kemper, and one or two high end pedals to go with it.

I want to connect the Kemper to a speaker or PA, so that I can monitor (at somewhat high volumes) my keyboard/synth loops and Kemper tones together, so I can really get a feel for how they might sound together through a PA system.

Can anyone see anything wrong with my potential set up?

1. When roommates are NOT home and neighbors are gone:
    ----
    Kemper/pedals + keyboard --> non powered usb mixing board peavey 20 --> Electro-Voice ZLX-12P Black 12" 2-Way Powered Loudspeaker
    ----

2. When roommates are home and neighbors are asleep:
    ----
    Kemper/pedals + keyboard --> non powered usb mixing board peavey 20 --> Headphones/DAW
    ----

The EV loud speaker says it's 500w rms 1000w peak. I'm assuming all venue PAs will be well powered. So does this mean I do NOT need the powered-Kemper or even a powered amp at all???

Will there be deficiencies in my tone since I am not using a power amp / guitar cab ?

Also, if you're feeling generous, do you know which connection types do you think I should use for each of these symbols ' -->' in my potential set up?

My goal is to be able to tweak high end sound from keys and guitar at home so I can know how it will sound through a large PA.