Posts by ZurabMelua

Why do you make things overly complicated? No PC and no other PROFILER model are needed.

I'm wondering why you want to format "fresh USB sticks" to FAT32 on your Mac!? Were these not preformatted with FAT32 right out of the box? All these usual USB sticks come preformatted with FAT32 and are ready to be used on any PROFILER model.

Plug them into the Player once while it is running, so that it can create the three folders "OS Update", "Backups", and "Shared". That's all it does. Afterwards the stick is ready to create backups.

I just made a test and reformatted one of my sticks on my Mac with FAT 32. It results in an empty stick. I plugged it into a running Player. Within a couple of seconds the three folders were created by the Player. Then I shut down the Player and restarted with the stick plugged in and holding the BANK button. A beautiful backup has been created in folder Backups. I had tested this successfully before with a stick reformatted on my Windows PC. My suspicon is, that you missed the second step creating the three folders before initiating the backup procedure. And that is why backup didn't work and you fixed that by plugging it into you PowerRack. The PowerRack can only create the three folders, while it is switched on. The same applies to the Player.

What is hindering you to do it the easy way?

Thanks Burkhard, that's much easier.

Now I am having the issue that I can't restore a back up,

The three folders are created on the stick, a back up is present on the stick, and when I power the device on while holding Bank, FX1 & FX2 with the stick plugged in I get 4 flashing red lights and no restoration is happening,

Can anyone guide me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

I was having issues but I found a fix.

Formatting multiple fresh USB sticks using disk utility on mac os to FAT32 did NOT work, I kept getting alternating red lights after holding the 'Bank' button.

The fix was to format the device using my Kemper Power Rack by inserting the stick, pressing 'USB STICK' then pressing 'FORMAT DEVICE'.

Then once I put the stick into the Player and held the 'Bank' button it worked and backed up.

Hope this helps someone out,

Z