Posts by granthd

Howdy...are the Player owners happy with their new device? Thinking hard about a purchase.

Extremely happy! Was able to dial in all the sounds very easily. Was going to put this on a pedal board but decided to use it like the stage. I set it up for a max of 2 banks so that it loops around. Had to do the update with a new flash drive so that rig manager could see it. Substituted a couple of plugins and voila it's ready to gig! I'm really looking forward to any available upgrades. So far the Playah is amazing! I'm glad that I made the purchase.

I get close enough to the Halo (on my analog board) using the dual delay on the toaster, crossfeedback between 5 and 10 to taste ;)

As far as I can tell, the Player atm doesn’t come with a delay that allows getting close, there’s no loop to incorporate the Halo pedal, so I’m afraid the Player isn’t for me.

I really anticipated on a 3 knob kemper unit hitting the market, and prefer to stick to one ecosystem…but the above plus absence of a global eq keeps a competitors 3 knob unit on my analogboard..and in my gigbag.

If the “complete enchilada” of efx would come available I’d probably go for it…so here’s a push from one potential buyer to make that happen ;) If it’s written in stone that that will be the case…I wouldn’t mind confirmation that that would also include a global eq.

And while I’m at this lobby quest with personal preferences, I wouldn’t mind a poly octaver to kick one more pedal of my board ;)

Thanks for the help on that crossfeedback control. I'll have to experiment. Seems like using that control is the only way to get the extra 16ths after the intial "gallop". I was thrilled to be able to dial this in on the toaster! Will eventually decide whether to use the "Playah" as a standalone or put it in "be-twixed" some other pedals.

In regards to the global eq, I was thinking that having the high/low cut on the cabinet will still be perfect for me! I also have a paraEQ (equa-metric-paralyzer) for this just in case. With the possibility of future effect updates and/or expansions, I'm pretty much "all in" on the Playah. Thanks again for that information. This forum is awesome!

Im trying to wrap my mind on wether the delays would work for me. I use “Andy timmonish” delays..2 delays, analog typ, modulated, and crossfeedback.

The manual suggests that all delays have generic parameters, which include crossfeedback.

But..the only “2 delays type” seems to be the “Two tap”…the one in my current Kemper doesn’t have cross feedback.

Does the “Player” include a delaytype that isn’t in my toaster?…or is the delay type I look for just not in the box atm?

I've recently been doing the same with the dual delay using crossfeedback. That control works great for achieving that specific rhythm. But I will likely just use the Halo with the player instead of the internal delays. Or...... I may decide to forgo that setting altogether to use the player without a pedalboard. Either way I'm not "bestricken" or even grief struck in any way. Lols

Was curious if you are using the crossfeedback setting @ 10 or some other setting that works better? Thanks

The timing of this release was perfect having spent the past few weeks finishing a deep dive on the live Kemper rig. Very exciting! Had to order one immediately !

Was wondering if we still have the High/Low pass on the Cabinet? The ability to add pedals should provide confidence to dial up some great sounds without compromise. This is such a pleasant surprise!