Posts by Saintianl

In the last few weeks my Kemper has started to break up its signal output after about 20 mins use. It is a sound very reminiscent of what happens when you use an active guitar with a failing battery or a valve that's gone in a valve amp.

Things I have already done.

Restarted the Kemper 3 times with and without foot controller
    Tried 3 guitars - all passive models
    Tried 3 input leads
    Checked the output via headphones which has the same result as the direct out to my desk.

So with the above in mind I can only assume that something on board is failing. I am just about to update the OS but that shouldn't be a solution.

Anyone had a similar issue

Ian

It's time to update my KPA OS.

When looking at the support section it mentions morphing rigs for OS4 but the only OS available to me is 3.3

Am I missing something really basic here. Sorry if it's a dumb question

Ian

I quite often set up my KPA to performance mode, setting each song with its individual rigs. Doing this in the studio is quick and easy but sometimes setting the rig volumes is nothing like how it's going to work live. So could there be a way when using a volume pedal controlling rig volume ( via KPA ...not using an inline one ) that you could then store that volume on the fly via a held button on the remote. Therefore if I have to adjust the rig volume via the pedal live I can store that volume position in the performance. Obvioulsy I can do that manually but I want to carry on playing as I will set it during the performance.

Hope you get what I mean :)

Ian.

Just thought i'd post these 2 very different solos to show the verstility of the kemper. Obviously I am not as good as either player so this is about the sound not the technique :) I am plugged direct into my desk and the audio is recorded by my phone.

George Benson - Give Me the NIght Solo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Steve Lukather - Rosanna Solo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Loving the Kemper :)

Ian

So for those that dont know my previous set up : I use boogie Lonestars and a full pedal board utilising the Gigrig G2 system. For the kind of gigs im playing now this was overkill.
    I bought my kemper last week and after litterally 1 hour of tweeking a few sounds and arranging performances for the remote, there I was at my gig thinking...sh*t...I hope this works. Obviously I was using a volume pedal as I had no idea how each of the sounds would behave at gig volume.
    My set up was Kemper (toaster) Kemper remote and an Atomic CLR. I hooked the Kemper up to the PA ( small local gig PA , although top quality QSC tops with 18" subs) and because of my position in the set up I didnt use the CLR at all as I could hear the FOH.

and the result..... Stunning.

I am so pleased with this system and I havent even tuned it up or spent any time with it at all. The performance mode with the remote is a god-send, as I play in various covers bands so I can just set up each song perfectly. The only rig that I spent anytime on was setting up for Bowies Let's Dance which we included last minute as a small tribute.

I cant recommend this highly enough as a live rig...and ive got so much more fun to have yet.

Whats more, im looking to come out of the set up swap £2000 up after selling my previous gear.

Happy Days

Ian

Ian.

So I bought a power rack which I know believe I would be better served by a toaster. UK law allows me to return the rack as it was bought online. I havent opened it yet so alls well there. The problem currently is that no one has any power toasters in the UK and not due till end of feb. I intent to couple with an atomic CLR.

So....heres the choice

Passive Toaster and Active CLR or other active speaker(now)
    Power Toaster and Passive CLR or other passive speaker (wait)

So kinda forget the now/wait argument as id rather have the right thing. Which is the better amp section...the kemper amp or the Atomic amp ???

Shoot away.

Ian

Hi all and thanks for any help in advance.
    I have just bought a power rack and want to know if it can be used without the amp and also can it be used with the amp and non amped outputs to PA simultaneously. And lastly if the latter can be done can you control the cab modelling independently to each output.

Thanks for your help

Ian