Posts by BigHairyProfiles

I threw this together very quickly, cause busy as fu, so a bit off in places.. but nonetheless, better to share than not..

It's a Sykes profile from the mesa preamp pack ;) Breaking the law, solos not like the original; I don't have time to learn them.

I love these tones.

The Fishman Fluence Classic sound better with them than the moderns, of course :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:thumbup: YES!!!!!!

I agree, the Classic's have a nice extra presence going on. Which guitar did you play the solo on?

I didn't see the profile name. I played a bit... and was like.. wow I sound like Morse :D Then saw the profile name. I think that profile is also good for some Eric Johnson type of tones.

HA! That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that. Sometimes, I wonder if I should just name profiles "Dist 7", or something like that, so I don't pigeon-hole the tones. But, it's more fun the other way. :)

That is very cool. I have all of those profile packs so I looking forward to that!
    I picked up your Supro profile pack a while ago as well. It isn't that well know really and I wonder why that is? I really like it, Michael and I think I heard you mention somewhere that this particular Supro gets a fair bit of use in your clients' recordings?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the UK800 but that JMP-1 sounds very tempting.

Thanks. The Silverstone and Supro packs never really took off. I think I established BHP as the opposite to vintage combo amps, so I'm not too surprised. I took them off the site, just to keep things cleaner. So you're in an exclusive club! haha!

Yeah, the those combos have a real, "Cool" vibe to them, so they get used way more often in commercials, and trailers, and video game scores. If a client wants Black Keys, or White Stripes, and Led Zep, they definitely aren't looking for an ADA MP-1 or Soldano X88. ;)

New BHP UK800 / UK Silver Profile Pack is available at bighairyprofiles.com

The BHP UK800 / UK Silver profile pack contains 35 profiles based on the Marshall 50w JCM800 2204 and the Marshall 100w Silver Jubilee 2555.

I FINALLY got my Marshall head pack finished. When I made my Big Hairy Guitar Zakk Wylde Video, I had profiled the tones I used. But that was before I started Big Hairy Profiles. Later, when I was profiling some Joe Bonamassa tones (volume on 1,000,000,000) my Silver Jubilee blew up.(So I finally got it repaired and finished up the pack)

I profiled the Zakk tones when I had EMG's in my Les Paul, but it still sounds super Zakk-y even with passive pickups. The 800 was profiled with Celestions, the Jubilee was profiled with EV speakers as well as Celestion V30. These are some of the grittiest and girthiest British tones anywhere.

DEMO play through:
    http://demo%20play%20through

BHP UK800 / UK Silver PATCHLIST:

UK800 Boss SD1
    UK800 Clean
    UK800 Fat LP
    UK800 High Input
    UK800High Input 3
    UK800 Lots of SD1
    UK800 Loud Clean
    UK800 Low Input Mean
    UK800 Low Input Mean 2
    UK800 Maxxed
    UK800 Moore Lead
    UK800 Sykes 1
    UK800 Sykes 2
    UK800 Wylde SD-1

UK Silver ev Breakup
    UK Silver ev Clean
    UK Silver ev Dirt
    UK Silver ev Dist
    UK Silver ev Hot
    UK Silver ev JBonna1
    UK Silver ev JBonna 2
    UK Silver ev Rock
    UK Silver ev ZW Heavy
    UK Silver ev ZW Rhythm
    UK Silver ev ZW SD-1

UK Silver v30 Breakup
    UK Silver v30 Clean
    UK Silver v30 Gain
    UK Silver v30 Heavy
    UK Silver v30 Horizon
    UK Silver v30 Jet
    UK Silver v30 LoGain
    UK Silver v30 Morse
    UK Silver v30 Rock
    UK Silver v30 Slash

I also don't think there is much sense in profiling every slight amp mod there is.

Kemper is accurate, but not that accurate imho, for it to make sense going that route. It could be at some point but not as things stand. Differences are small even between certain kinds of amps, let alone amp mods (unless substantial); and kpa tends to have its own tonal footprint to begin with.

I bought the new jcm/jubilee pack as soon as it came out. It's great. Imho it's the best of what kemper can do for these tones. And they are amazing profiles for sure. The fact that the person profiling is aware of how profiling changes the source tone does allow for a finer approach in terms of getting the kemper to sound more like what is intended.

I'll be doing a video playing some zakk wylde tune with these profiles. Any recommendations as to which track you would like to hear these tones in action?

Cheerios

Dimi84, I vote for the solo to No More Tears!

The MP-1 was my main rig for almost 30 years before I bought the Kemper. And...yup...always used it with an external EQ. But, the mods weren't EQ shaping, they changed the gain structure. True, some of them wouldn't be very sought after since they were just trying to mimic Marshalls, Soldanos, etc. But, the 3TM was an entirely different monster and totally unique. Just a recommendation in case you run out of rack amps to profile, they come up occasionally on eBay and Reverb for about $300. I've purchased every commercial MP-1 profile pack available and it's plainly obvious you're the only one that truly knows the MP-1

Thanks ElDoca. I see what you're saying about the 3TM. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap one. I bought a bunch of ADA packs too, and was disappointed, that's actually what got me started profiling my own stuff.

Big thumbs up from me as well. Would be thrilled if you were able to get your hands on some modded ADA MP-1. 3TM, 3.666, Mod4, etc

I'm not sure there's a big need for the mods... here's my reasoning.

• The profiling process already shifts some of the subtleties of each amp. It just does. Occasionally, you'll luck out and it's 99.99% identical. But most of the time, between KPA profiling and the refining process, there's some shifting going on.

• I ALWAYS use and profile the ADA with an external EQ in there chain. For the V1 profiles there was a TON of EQ (2 eq's between the pre and power amp, 2 EQ's after the microphone). It was absolutely needed to get close to the classic record ADA tones. For the V2, I still used a Furman EQP3 after the preamp. Otherwise the ADA sounds a little midrangey and lifeless. Everyone I can think of that ever used an ADA either went into an EQ or a BBE. The MP-1 just comes alive with a little more EQ shaping. SO, I'm kinda already modding the original tone.

• ALSO, many of the mods reduce noise, the Kemper already takes all of the noise out.

Is the JMP 1 stock? I had a friend buy one and get the voodoo amps mod, which he said he loved, but immediately sold it for a Triple Rectifier...so i never heard it.

The JMP1 is stock. I had thought about sending it to Voodoo Amps, but I read some reviews and it seemed 50/50 "improvement" vs "not that much different". Again, the Kemper changes some things, and if it's a matter of more bottom end, sweeter high end, or less noise, or more gain, I can adjust for that with mic placement, power amp settings, or tweaking the Kemper. If I was going to play live with a JMP-1, I'd probably get it modded. HOWEVER, that stock JMP-1 is killer. I held off for a long time buying one, because I thought, "Meh, it's a stock Marshall preamp". But, it's really great, and fun to play through. The first day I got it, I spent about 3 hours playing through it direct with a cabinet IR. It sounded A+.

Also, new v2 patches are going to be released this week for the Soldano, Bogner, Demeter, ADA, and CAE.

Most of my profiles are made with recording in mind, and many of them emulate recorded tones. Because of that, the profiles often match the recorded EQ curve of an album. So with the V2 patches, I was thinking, "OK, if I was going to go play a live show and brought my ( insert preamp name here ), how would I dial it in.

So, in most cases, the V2 patches are a little fatter and warmer and more like you're standing in front of the amp, rather than listening back on studio monitors while making a record. In particular, I think I missed that element in the 1st go round of the CustE+ pack... so there's a nice improvement there.

Also, all of the V2 patches come as a STUDIO, DIRECT, and MERGED profile. It's the first time I've ever released Direct profiles. All of the V2 profiles were recorded with a VHT Classic EL34 power amp, which I didn't have when working on the V1 (so that's new too).

All of the V2 profiles are updates, so anyone who purchased a pack with V2 content will receive an updated email link.

Thanks guys. I FINALLY got my Marshall head pack finished. It's a dual pack with a 50w JCM800 and a 100w Silver Jubilee. When I made my Big Hairy Guitar Zakk Wylde Video I had profiled the tones I used. But that was before I started Big Hairy Profiles. Then when I was profiling some Joe Bonamassa tones (volume on 1,000,000,000) my Silver Jubilee blew up. :( So I finally got it repaired and finished up the pack.

I profiled the Zakk stuff when I had EMG's in my Les Paul, but it still sounds super Zakk-y even with passive pickups. The 800 was profiled with Celestions, the Jubilee was profiled with EV speakers as well as Celestion V30.

BHP UK800 / UK Silver