Posts by Ghost_of_Cain

Goodness me. I thought this should be easy with device that sends 4 CC messages at once, but I didn't expect there are problems just around the next corner.

So now I'm using G-Lab GSC3, which is a fine and sturdy looper / MIDI switcher, capable of sending 7 CCs at a time (unfortunately globally, not per preset :-/ ) but the main problem is, that I'm not seeing, what command did I just send :(

Rec / play/ overdub is happening randomly, stop sometimes work, sometimes not... Arrgh!

I really do not want to use the looper to fly to Mars, I only need it for practising, so rec / play plus stop is all I would use.

Now, with the looper memory clean, when I press what is supposed to send rec - it is working. When I press it again - it plays. When I pres stop - it works. But when I want to start it over again - I don't know, what is happening. Sometimes - it does overdub, sometimes it seems to do nothing, then, if after few presses some sound appears, stop is not interrupting it, only several stomps on rec /play... A real pain in the.. neck, as you can imagine.

I saw there is a small icon flashing when command from looper is received.. Why it doesn't show at least a letter, indicating what was pressed, like R, P, O, S... ??? :)

I understand, that Remote is what should be used to do all of this, and I would buy it eventually - but the main goal is to have one MIDI switcher / looper in a small pedalboard, which I could use with the Kemper as well as with my other amps, like 5150 III (GSC3 does switching channels there with addition of boost / volume unit seamlessly and without any clicks, pops or artifacts!)... So I don't want to get rid of it, would be great if I could use it with all my amps.

If anyone can share some tips and tricks, how to live with looper that's not showing it's status - I'd be grateful. I suppose FCB users have the same problem?

Thanks!

Thanks for the guide.

But I had no luck - I've succesfully programmed starting CCs, then Rec, Play, and.... for some reason (heavens!!!) Stop command is not working... :)

I've double checked it, values are correct. Device is FCB1010 standard.

Anyone can help..? :(

Thanks!

Thanks, I suspected this coud be the issue with momentary / latching type of footswitch but for some reason I was certain Kemper will accept both.

Well, technically, it does, but... :)

I will struggle to get on with the proper configuration of FCB, but as I have as well Uno4Kemper as the ordinary chip, I'd prefer to have looper working... It just takes time.

Hi there,

I was trying to use a typical (I guess) 2-button FS (Laney) with stereo Jack to switch rigs up/down, but for some reason, this works as expected only at the second step on specific switch...

Why? It happens regardless of polarity or other settings. I press once "up" - nothing happens. I press it for the second time - works ok.

Do you have any ideas, why? :)

Thanks!

So the comparison is done...

Don't want to elaborate, but despite the Alto TS115A being absolute "bang for a buck" product, Mackie did a better job - less boomy bass and not so much of a crackling, fizzing sounds somewhere in highs (that I don't know yet how to get rid of) were the main and obvious differencies.

But one thing I'm surely going to miss is the Alto's weight... :)

If this is your main goal, I'd not go for a monitor but rather for an FR guitar cab. There's a number of them floating around

Sure I will test FR cabs. All in due time :) But my main concern, when it comes to guitar cabs in general, is beaminess - if that's the correct word. A well placed FR monitor should be less beamy (although I've already heard some of those and was rather not impressed - those had 10" woofers, however).

The question of the first test is: should the renowned FR monitors cost twice the price of popular workhorses? :)

Generally speaking, the best test for a linear cab IMO is with a complex music program you know by heart and love

No, I'm rather looking for a FR solution that would somehow transfer at least a little bit of that extrasensory feeling that I get when playing regular guitar cabs ;) (but with the obvious ability to choose from the dozens of their simulations..) It's not the cleanness, most uncolored sound, or sth like this. It's this... feeling :) (not necessarily referring now to a wind blowing out of the 4x12, no...)

Thanks for all the advice.

What will you be using to switch between them? A foot controller or simply the Kemper's front panel buttons? In both cases, the easiest way to organize those test rigs might be to use Performance Mode, where you can set up rigs in any order you like

Well, I was planning to do the test with foot controler like FCB, but it doesn't matter really; I'll use front buttons and of course assign 2 panned rigs to 2 adjacent slots in performance mode.

Thanks!

By the way: XLR is a XLR cable, but in case of 1/4" jack connection from Kemper to powered monitors - should I use standard instrument cables? I heard this would be a serious mistake to use unshielded speaker cables...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering - what could be the most effective way to do a A/B comparison of powered stage monitors, assuming, that you'd have like 20 minutes of time and in front of you:

a) Kemper

b) Alto TS115A V2

c) Mackie HD1221

d) a bunch of XLR cables ;)

Any chance to simply connect both units to main outs, create some rigs with all hard panned left / right and then step / switch from one to the other...?

If so - what would be the best way to do this?

Many thanks for all the advice!

Hi Folks,

Just bought used Kemper Toaster and trying to figure out, how to turn it on ;)

I live in Poland, I'm a hobbyist; for years I've prefered tube tones over modelers, didn't quite get use to all-digital setups (although I've played some rehearsals with PODHD500X into Magnum 44 and regular 2x12 - and didn't find any new levels of disgust... :), but now, I expect to get more than that with the profiler. Still I just couldn't chuck my Fender 5150 III out of the bedroom...

I'm not sure if I would use Kemper live, as for my band of nasty cavemen playing "She f..kin hates me" by Puddle of Mud, or punk rock version of "All my lovin'" my trusty copy of a small Soldano Atomic is more than enough... But there will be a day, when I will take my profiler, a powered stage monitor, and go gigging - without the rest of the garbage I've collected over the years...

Cheers!
    Sylwester