Posts by guttapercha

That's, high, but if it's brought back during travel (My folks are visiting him next week, so I'm going to ask NICELY for them to schlep this thing back)

From EU to US, it looks like the duty would be $54. FIrst $800 in value is duty-free, next $1000 value is taxed at 3%, and then any value above $1800 is taxed between 3%-10%, depending on what type of item on the Harmonized Tarriff Schedule. For musical instruments, it is 6%. If the Tarriff is based on an MSRP of $2200 (rounding up), that's how I got $54. My stepbrother tells me that the VAT is already included in the EU price.
    https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/454/kw/duty rate travellers

Hi All,
    I'm very interested in this product, but we're in an interesting spot with currencies right now. Given the current exchange rate, the KPA actually is less expensive to purchase in euro (by about $300) if dollars are converted.
    I hope that the U.S. dealers will start discounting, because they're obviously catching a massive break on the wholesale end with this exchange rate. The Euro won't be moving up anytime soon either in $US.

I look forward to getting a unit, but the current U.S. pricing makes no sense.

Cheers,

JD