Posts by Redoubt9000

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@viabcroce

Aaaah now the dilemma... If I were to get a guitar cab for the 'in-the-room' sound for the sake of kicks or for whenever I bring it out of the house... the power amp section would certainly be a plus. Since I've studio monitors I'm kinda frowning on the additional cost of a PA/FRFR system if I'm away. A used cab on the other hand... :D

I'm curious though, is one able to run the s/pdif in/outs in addition to a guitar cab through the power section?
    My intention was to capture both the DI & profiled tone to my interface through s/pdif, since I doubt the converters on my saffire pro are up to par, at the very least I can skip a stage of conversion. But if I can also run an out to a cab while simultaneously using the spdif in/outs, that would be an even bigger plus imo... Is it possible?

Hello all, figured I may as well post an introduction despite not owning a unit. I'll be putting an order for one over the next week or so before long, that is if I can finally decide on color choice and which form factor I wanna shoot for! I was going to pick up a white unit, after putting the choice of a rack unit to the side, that is until I started seeing the unveiling of the new floor footswitch unit.... Kemper's making it difficult for me X(

Bedroom guitarist essentially, currently in the middle of planning a desk build (which I hope to share the build process with everyone). Writing an album and in my free time I do video game covers usually posted onto my youtube channel: redoubt9000
    Spent many years mixing my own material in addition to those covers, I'd probably say that I've spent more hours in learning what I can about mixing, than I have actually playing the guitar :wacko:
    Never bothered to own a decent amp due to lack of space/isolation, so I've only worked with amp sims apart from an old practice SS amp. Kemper's gonna be the gamechanger for me I imagine, chasing decent mixes with mouse clicks just doesn't do it for me anymore (read: I'm sick of it lol)

Now just trying to decide whether or not I should just put out a little more for the poweramp unit instead. No gigging on my end so it's primarily for self-indulgence and recording, so perhaps the built-in poweramp is a bit of a push...

Hope to participate more in the community once I've finally gotten kneedeep into the KPA craze, I know I've been looking at this unit for long enough X/