Posts by SneakyPete

I have an issue where recently where I use the mono loop with my Powerhead and GT-100 (4CM) mode, it has changed from clear and good volume to 1/4 volume and sounding that the reverb is at 500%. I've been using headphones recently so changed it to the stereo loop and that fixed the issue. Not sure what will happen when I plug into a cab, but am hoping that fixes the issue.

SO, My rig is locked (Lock light is on). I change the cabinet, and when I change rigs the cabinet is still the one I changed it to. Note that when I come back to the original I changed it on, the cab is still changed.

At the same time, if I copy the rig to Performance, it changes to the rig I originally downloaded (with the default cab that came with it).

What am I missing?

As I've been working with my Kemper, I decided to switch the cabinets to another that I have loaded. What I've noticed (I think) is that once I've change the cabinet for one rig, it changes it for all of them.

Is there an easy way to revert these rigs back to the default cabinet/sound that was originally loaded? I've looked in the Wiki but didn't see anything there.

Thanks!!

I just profiled my Diezel Einstein 50W with 6L6, EL34 and 6550 power tubes just to see how the tubes changed the sound of the amps. I profiled them on Channel 2, Mode 1 and went directly through a Marshal SE100 speaker emulator, so no miking of a traditional cabinet. They are up on the exchange. Take a listen and let me know how they sound!

the three rigs are
    Einstein 6L6 SE100
    Einstein 6550 SE100
    Einstein EL34 SE100

I just purchased a Powerhead and, while still a bit overwhelmed by all of the rigs available and the option to tweak each rig, I am enjoying it a lot. I am looking at replacing my current head (Diezel Einstein) with the Powerhead and still use my Boss GT100 (using the 4 cable method) for effects. I had a few questions that may help me - yes, I have looked through the wiki but if I missed it in there, let me know!

• I am playing through a Mesa 2x12. I have turned Monitor Cabs off, however do I also need to turn off the Cabinet in the Stack?
    • I'm looking at using different rigs in Perform Mode and then using the GT100 to add effects, etc. I've noticed I have a volume difference between rigs and need to match volumes. I am assuming I can tweak the volume in the Amplifier portion of the Stack so that they match- is that correct?
    • I've noticed that the master volumes in Perform Mode can be tweaked and they stay that way. I would think that I will need to change these once I am practicing at full volume - is that correct?
    • Once I learn my way around the amp, I will look to profile my Einstein. One of the cool things is, at different gigs, I may swap out power tubes (6L6 to EL34 to 6550). I assume I can profile each type and get a different sound - is it worth it to try and see what I get?
    • Also, I have a Marshall SE100 cabinet emulator. Instead of miking my 2x12, I was thinking on just hooking the Kemper to the SE100 (actually, depending on how it goes, I may want to try both to see what I get). Does using the SE100 make sense, and anything I should look out for?

Thanks in advance!!