Posts by theBox

I've done some testing and it seems that the more "bloated" the folder tree becomes, the more time it needs to render the addition/renaming or removal af a new folder. At some point it becomes plain IMPRACTICAL due to large waiting times. The strange thing is that this wasn't the case with previous versions of the software. If you want, I can send you my "local library" folder and see for yourselves.

You know what, I agree with sinmix 100%. The only "problem" i had with the profiler pre-fw2.8 was that different amps through the same CAB sounded almost the same (if they had comparable gain obviously). I was led to believe that with the release of the FW3.0 this problem would be solved. Well, from what merged profiles I've tried so far (sinmix, deadlight, thumas etc), the problem remains. The CAB part of a profile ALWAYS contributes A LOT more to the final sound than the AMP part.

I think the test to determine if its a general occurance or Kemper-specific, would be to record three REAL amps on the IDENTICAL real-cab and mic setup, and then compare the results to their three kemper direct amp profiles on the same (kemper) cab.

I have personally never done such a test (nor am I able to), but when plugging my evh 5150 and my mesa mark iv in the SAME cab (evh 2x12), their "in the room" sounds (ie no mics) are VERY different. With the profiler....not so much. So maybe the variable contributing the most could be the MICS? I dont't know...

The code is working here, could you tell me what steps you did before entering the code plz so I can try to figure out what has happened, possible reasons it may not work are, If you copy and paste it, make sure you don't copy a space before or after the word because that will make the code not work. The code is not entered on my site, you need to enter it at your PayPal check out Its best to type it in manually to be sure. I've tested it and it works in chrome but haven't tried in IE. If anyone has trouble with the code not working just shoot me an email at sweetspotprofiles@gmail.com and ill sort out a 25% refund for you if it didn't work.

Chad, ill shoot you an email bro ;)

Well, I enter the code (by typing it, as well as "copy/paste-ing" it) after pressing the "redeed" button next to the "PayPal gift card, certificate, reward, or other discount" on the "review your information" step on paypal's site. I keep getting the following comment "Please enter the correct redemption code. Codes are not case sensitive."

Well, you have to take into consideration that BOTH the JBL's and the hs5s have the bass port REAR mounted, so if you (like me) are planning on placing them against the wall, they are a NO-GO

+ 1. Make EVERYTHING mouse controlled. Even the on/off switch :D .

Also, THIS :

+1

I love the KPA's relative simplicity on-stage, but I'm worried about the longevity of some of those most used knobs. Being able to do all the tinkering at home from a computer or tablet would reduce the wear on the hardware by 90% or more.

I'm close to buying a new set of monitors as I've just sold my KRK Rokit 5 G2s. Have heard good things about these but only on the Axe FX forum. Anyone here using them?

Thanks.
    Dave

Brother, I am EXACTLY in the same spot as you, I've sold my KRK's rp5 g2 (VERY bassy and muddy) yesterday and have my eyes set on the FOCAL Alpha 50's, due to a recomendation from a sound-guy I trust. Problem is there is SO LITTLE info on the web, but what little there is, seems to cast them in a positive light.

I will need them , not so much for JUST playing the kemper, but to create (at least) pre-production mixes for my band. I'm thinking about the 50s cause I will be working stricktly nearfiled with the monitors being withing arm's length. The guy who recommended them to me said that ,as a rule of thumb, the Alphas sound MORE massive than their diameter implies, so the 50's sound like 6 or 7 inches and so on. Could be nonsense though.

Anyway, I'm gonna check them out in person this week along with what other monitors the store has in its demo room. Hopefully, I'll come out owning them and will post my impressions here.

Total Amp / Cab separation!!! OH MY GOD, BRING IT!!!!

Until now I avoided "merged" profiles as I found that the cab factor played a bigger role than the amp, resulting in a "same-ish" sound between profiles using the exact same cabinet. I'm hoping this development is going to be a real game changer!