Posts by RLT

Enjoy the Kemper!

Welcome! I had the Axe II also (owned it for about 18 months). I had both at the same time for a while but the Axe was just getting no action and I couldn't justify keeping it. The raw amp/cab tones on the Kemper seemed a bit better to me and I greatly prefer the workflow and simplicity of the Kemper, especially now that we have Rig Manager. Also didn't need all the deep effects editing and routing options the Axe offers.

Exactly. Well said.

Hey everyone - Had the KPA a couple weeks now. I have an AFX2 as well. So many things I like about this box: the simplicity, the straightforward set-up of the rigs, the ability to actually twist dials, the ease of tweaking (or better yet the lack of necessity of it), the tones.....oh lordy did I mention the tones!

Hi guys.

Got my KPA a few weeks ago. So far I'm floored at how close this thing sounds to my tube amps. I bought a Axe Fx II about 6 months ago and sent it back within 2 days. To me, it didn't have the realism like my tube amps and there was just so much to tweak and I don't have time for that. So I decided to try the KPA and much to my surprise, it's a keeper. So far I've profiled my a JCM800 2203 and a Mesa mkIII. Still blown away at how close it sounds to the real thing (and I can record in peace without disrupting the family). Didn't like any of the presets to I deleted them and replaced them with commercial profiles from TAF, Pete's profiles, SinMix.....I'm a greenbacks and g12t75's guy and alot of the profiles I've come across were created with V30's. So it's great that I can swap out the the cab with my own cab. Hoping to have a few profiles to share in a few weeks. Just wanted to say hi.

young01cj

Welcome - same for me with the AFX2 though I still have mine.