Posts by JVDW

Issue resolved. USB-c port of my m1 iPad is damaged - doesn’t take certain connectors. Tried with older iPad Pro with usb-c port, and here it works fine. Have Logic Pro X working on IOS 18.0 with Rig mgr. Can run Logic Pro drummer and Base through Kemper audio intf, and mix with real guitar on my headphones, balancing mix in Logic with track mixer.

Thank you formyour help.

Is great, now I finally can practice with base and drum, thank younKemper - 13 yrs I have my Kemper Head !

it can work with a A<>C converter (=OTG cable aka CCK/camera connection kit), but it is not needed.

You can simply use a straight USB-C <>B cable (aka USB-C printer cable)

is your USB A<>C converter working for other devices on your iPad? (e.g. USB stick?) : some non-Apple converters are actively blocked by iOS as being non-original?

Yep - just tested - I can see it on my macbook, so apple converter works OK

Kellerblues is correct: you would connect the iPad (pro) USB-C to PROFILER-usb-B (i.e. the almost 'square' connector = the one also used to connect a PC/MAC) .. note: you don't need any 'camera-connection-kit' or something: just a direct cable from your iPad's USB-C to PROFILER's USB-B (with a cable which is sometimes called a 'usb-printer-cable')

iPad pro as such has been tested and is working. And because it is standard USB-audio it "should work" tm on newer iOS versions (iOS18) too.

Is the same usb printer port I tried. Kemper head —> usb-B to usb-A cable, —> apple usb-A to usb-C converter —> iPad Pro

but it should work: PROFILER's USB Audio is standard USB, this is supported (and tested) on iOS.

So how can I check it works with iPad Pro m1 with iOS 17.6 - ( latest before iOS 18 update from this week) ?

Should Kemper be visible automatically in `Logic pro x , in audio settings where I have now “Ipad microphone” ?

Thank you for clarifying. Would be great if we can use IPad Pro - much morenflexible than a laptop.

Trying to connect Kemper head via usb-B or usb-A, via apple usb A - usb-c or an M1 iPad Pro running latest rig mgr and latest Logic Pro x for

Latest Kemper OS installed. Rig mgr on iPad sees kemper on WiFi, via netgear network switch connected to WiFi hub (as described already on forum here). Ipad only sees ‘Ipad microphone’. Tried 3 usb-b tomusb-a printer cables I had. Using one of them I used to connect ok ti MacBook Pro.PAny I-ad audio, rig mgr, or Logic Pro x audio settings required ?

In rig mgr I have volume for usb out on 50%, however, Logic doesn’t see keeper as audio intf

Anyone any ideas ?

Thx Jo

Gone for Logic Pro iPad. 50€ per year and plenty of vintage drums or loops, and can beam it via AirPlay to my speakers. Simple to use, sounds good and can keep it next to me. At same time opens option to record Kemper onto pro Logic … .

Just thinking of Highway to Hell intro, with drum joining the guitar … brilliant sound …

What is the easiest/ simple way to get a good vintage acoustic rock drum sound to play along in the room with my kemper ? An aux in ? Using Garage band Drummer - seem to have trouble sending it to my Homepods. Or dust my Boss Dr770 (?) and run a wire into keeper aux ? Didn’t like that sound too much - not big enough.

What do you guys do to get a great drum sound in the room to practice over ? What software , what drumbox, how connect it , to what speaker … into kemper Kabinet , or separate speaker … ?

Everything you need to know about drives, in 3 part course … brilliant sounds , amps, guitars, … enjoy the journey …

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

His Les Paul - The Beast - was briefly put on sale for 1,3 mio Euro. He published a book couple of years ago on all his guitars, and last year put most of them on sale in the UK through a vintage dealer. Andertons in UK did an interview with him couple of years ago. Think his biggest hit he co-wrote was "Come An’ Get It ".

I use the THR30ii with the wireless remote GT10 - 100% freedom of wires for quick guitar breaks. Kemper + Amp Kemper Kab for when more time at hand ... Fender Tweed Blues Reissued + JHS Black Box ( to control volume a bit) for the full AITR

Anyone having any experience / recommendation with the above ?

Looking to link non powered Toaster to Audio interface for a) recording to laptop ; b) also works standalone with no laptop connected. Like that i would like to have audio interface working like a regular mixer with multiple ins and have 2 or 3 bus mixes to route to 2-3 dedicated outputs.

Like that i can always play guitar through Kemper without having to drag laptop to it.

I am aware that Focusrite 18i8 and 18i20 would do this ( but saw some limitation that it can only do 1 mix out ?)

Also saw that MOTU ultralight mk5 can do this , and have several Bus/sub mixes ? But read a lot of issues with MOTU drivers/mix software (any experience on forum with issues MOTU ?) ?

Read a lot of good about RME - Fireface UC would be not bad, but is quite old. Can we use their Mix software with iPad or does it always need connected laptop ?

UA Apollo Twin looks very sexy, but does not come with RCA SPDIF. see also options from Audient ID44 or Audiofuse studio 18i20.

UA Apollo x8 looks great, and plug ins look sexy, but do we really need them ?? also fear 3000 EUR is bit silly for keen amateur wanting to do some home recording, and X4 is 2300 EUr and doesn't have SPDIF

Have already Presonus Studio 2632 thunderbolt 2 , that works OK, but cannot work standalone unfortunately. pity about the very low latency thunderbolt if one needs always laptop.

requirements

- would like to connect kemper via SPDIF - unless forum finds this is overstated

- reamping would be nice option

- 2 or 4 inputs at least (reamping, plus drum input mono)

- 4 -6 out to send to 1) Kemper Power Kab; 2) stereo monitor mix

- Adat out would be good so on those couple occasions that i use the persons studio, I can link them up.

- if mixer software of Audio Interface works remote with iPad, that would be great - nothing to connect, no long wires to top over, ... and seems Kemper will soon get RigMgr via iPad ?

Or should i just buy a regular mixer or one of those Behringer Air x18 ?

Any views/ experiences ?

I feel your pain. I raised the issue of preset/file management years ago. Cannot edit and save to; can have multiple presets of exactly the same name; no way to determine what version of a preset you are using, etc. Thats why my kemper is only used for recording now. When I want to play music, I grab my Blues Jr. (LOL!) and go play music. When I want to waste immense amounts of time screwing around trying to figure out how to come up with a good rig for recording, I I use the Kemper.

Fully agree w you. I am too much sidetracked by all options. Is why I opted for Kemper versus Axe ( was even worse there). Spend too much time with my Line6 M case as well. Want to load a preset, and practice - all this is no point unless ones guitars kills advance.

Is why I like the Kemper Tribute so much - good start, and allows me to look for all those riffs. Later one, I will "optimize my sound". aLready happy to have 1 box & 1 remote to contain everything for a song. Fantastic for that. And if it is good enough for Mark Knopfler, who am I to complain !! Still remember fondly his last concert in Belgium - what a sound - and with Kemper !!

Think I will look for an extra extension Cab for my Fender Blues deluxe reissue - have had it for 15-20 yrs and always come back to it. Too loud, but my JHS Black Box gives me a Master Volume. Maybe putting a Cab extra on the Combo will allow me to put Volume beyond "2" without ending with bleeding ears :) - would like bigger sound and more crunch without waking the whole street .

you have the monitors connected directly to the main output? if so why? because i did that mistake and the kemper sounded way worse than it should, you should connect them to the monitor out and direct out and set to stereo.

Oh ? was not aware. This is a home setup. Don't have a band (would like to) so no need so far to have "gig setup" versus Home setup compatibility.

I have my Monitor speakers to Main Out, and Kemper Powered Kone to Monitor Out Mono - which is iI think how they recommend it.

Should I change anything ?