Posts by guitarors

I just want a good pair of speakers for home use (not recording or for playing live). I'm a closet junkie so it's just for me to play with.

I was thinking a good pair of studio monitors would work instead of going the PA route or the Atomic CLR route. Partly due to size and I wasn't a pair so cost is a factor.

I was leaning towards the Equator D8s, M-Audio BX8 D2 and the KRK VXTs.

Anyone use these with the Kemper and thoughts?

Scott thanks for the offer.

I know people are saying the PA speakers would be better but how much different will studio monitors be? If i'm going to end up tweaking stuff live eventually…

I assume those isolation pads to go underneath are a must?

I'm leaning more the studio monitor route… thoughts on these? Maybe try 6" size instead of 8"s??

M-Audio BX8 ($500) pair
    KRK VXT 8 ($1200) pair
    KRK Rokit 8 ($500) pair
    Yamaha MSP7 ($800) pair
    Equator D8 ($700) pair
    Airmotiv 6s ($600) pair

it would just be easier if I could listen to all of them but I don't have a place near me that have these.

All great points I haven't even thought about. Tough question with lots of answers.

I hadn't even really thought about placement. I have a desk I'd probably put them on for now (unfinished basement) which would eventually get put in a built-in shelf. I don't really have room to have a studio room. That being said, it's a 17x13 room so not huge by any means.

Budget would be less than $1500 and preferably under $1k. If I want enough low end, should I keep my search to 8 inch speakers at least? They do need to be active as I have the non-powered KPA.

So I've had my Kemper for 2 months now. Up to this point I've just been using my in-ear monitors. I play at home and then play live at our church through a mono-PA system.

I want some speakers that will be close enough to our PA system to figure out my sound and practice with at home. I hate thinking it sounds right and then go live only for it sound different.

I've been looking at studio monitors like the KRK VXT series or the QSC K12 PA speakers….

Should I be looking at a PA speaker or a studio monitor speaker? One speaker or two? I have no intention of playing live with them. I only need to use them at home and didn't want to use headphones all the time.

I'd like to have a quality speaker but not spend a fortune.

All suggestions are helpful! :thumbup: