Posts by tvegas99

80% of this video was done with the Kemper, sounds used were mostly divided by 13 ftr37, ert33, suhr pt100 or 72 marshall- all profiles are MBritt, the only guitar used with the Kemper was my 91 Jeff Beck Strat, at the time we shot this video I had only owned the Kemper for a couple of weeks

Some of the video has clips in it that are a year old, last year I was using a Suhr Badger 30 (el34's) with a pedalboard and a gold top PRS DGT, these clips sound smaller and more congested imho

I'm really happy with the Kemper, I bought it mainly to see how it performed for this video shoot, we do a promo video every year this time, we setup and record for about 3-4 hrs, getting great guitar sounds is the last thing on anybody's mind, we go very quickly from song to song

The guys who recorded this genuinely raved about the ease of recording with the Kemper and the sounds it produces, while they were editing I kept getting emails asking about my sci-fi toaster amp, they record with lots of other bands regularly and wondered if they could afford to buy one for our studio

I plan on making next year's video with the Kemper as well, I use the powerhead through a V30 loaded 1x12 on gigs, foh gets the sim cab feed... awesome

thanks for checking it out

comments and criticisms are welcome, the video is long, most songs last about 20-30 secs... the only guitar solo is at 26:00

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've searched hi and low, RTFM (which has very little to say) about Performance Mode, sorry but I don't understand how to use it

The previous owner had slots that I can't seem to delete or superimpose my choice over, is there a video (I searched youtube as well) explaining Performance Mode

Can I delete a mode in Performance Mode, I'm sure there is a link explaining it better to nuts like me I just cannot find it

I must be making an idiotic mistake

solid state watts are not = to tube watts, for example...I think a DC30 could be perceived to be louder than my Kemper Powerhead, no science just my opinion, at the very least they could be perceived to be equal in volume... the DC30 is @ 38 watts (I think) 4 el84's

you should be fine...what speakers are you using?

I'm using a 2x12 with a 60 watt Veteran 30 from WGS and a 75 watt Celestion Creamback H75 and it handles the volume well up to pretty punishing volumes, I have not gotten above 8 not the MV... really loud!!

Hello all, happy to be here, new Kemper owner, I gig regularly and have used the Axe 2 (many times), Axe Ultra, Eleven Rack and of course real amps for years. Every year I do a simple video recording project with my band to create a promo video and so far digital always sounds better than the real thing. This year I thought I'd give the Kemper a try.

So far I really enjoy the Kemper, I love the UI, it's so much easier to use than the Axe 2, to me it sounds and feels better than the Axe. I'm not a fan of FRFR, I just prefer a real guitar cab onstage, the band I work with uses IEM's as well. I purchased both M Britt profile packs and I'm very happy. The MB stuff is amazing IMHO and he is the reason I purchased the Kemper.

Right now I'm running my Kemper Powerhead through a 2x12 loaded with a V30 and a Creamback H75, I'm very happy with the results. I have a FCB1010 with unoKemper chip on the way and I'm happy to get rid of my much heavier Germino Masonette head and my heavy pedalboard in favor of something lighter.

If you made it this far thanks for reading!!