Posts by ericmolnar

Long time lurker...first time poster. I'm hoping maybe someone has had the same problem I am having. Or..if maybe I am being a little too critical.
    My Kemper arrived last week. I connected it to my studio speakers(SPDIF out). The profiles sounded a little 'dull' and muddy. I then listened through my Ultimate Ears in ear monitors (Headphone output) and the profiles sounded fantastic. I could hear every nuance; it has been awhile since I had so much fun.

So...next step...I hooked the Kemper up to a small PA system (XLR out). Again...the profiles sounded dull...there was no sparkle.

All the output EQs were initially flat. I did boost the main output's High/Presence and that did help a little, but the sound still seems to be a bit off. My studio speakers are Mackie MR5s and I've always thought they were pretty accurate. I am using a Roland Quad Capture as my recording interface.

I have to play in a couple weeks and am trying to optimize a few profiles and will start to work thru the midi/foot stuff later this week. If I can't figure this out, I may head over to our church early next week and hook it up to hear what it sounds like without the rest of the band.

Any thoughts? Again...I might be overly critical but I figured I would post in case someone has experienced this same behavior.

Thanks in advance!