Posts by Fl4sh

Thanks for your answers!

Well, IEM is not my main concern. It was just the point I noticed "I need some room!". The keyboarder adds some reverb in his synthesizer. My plan was to record the rehearsal and tweak the sound afterwards without the band with my KPA.
    So I just wanted to ask for the best practice. The worst case would be, when we had a gig and the mixing guy would say "there's to much reverb. Turn it down in all presets!" :)

Hi!

My band invested in a new digital mixing console and some in ear equipment.
    Usually I never used a reverb in my Kemper and added some reverb in the mixing console in our rehearsal room and when we played a gig I dedicated this task to the FOH man.
    But now the situation changed because the natural room feeling is gone (in ear) and we have new possibilities considering of saving (reverb) presets in the digital mixer.

But what is the best practice? Do you use the reverb section? Or do you use a "dry" signal which goes out to the sound guy?

Thank you! :)

Hi...

No, I just use a simple midi to usb cable, I bought at thomann.de some years ago.
    But I also tried the small M-Audio Oxygen and it was detected as a midi device and worked fine.
    But USB has an Device Class Definition for Midi, so theoretical every standard midi device should work.

But: Some smartphones don't accept USB OTG (e.g. the Nexus 4)

Hi,

I'm a new Kemper user (it just arrived two weak ago, yeah, gread device).
    But today I want to introduce my Android app I just released some days ago. Until now I just used it by myself and I hope to get some feedback from you.
    It is a app, written for android tablets, but works on phones, too. Its name is "Gear Roadie". Well, but what does it? It is similar to the Kemper's Performance mode but a little different.
    You connect your midi devices (the KPA, for example) to your android device (by using an USB-OTG cable (just a few euro @ ebay) and a midi interface). After that you set up your devices (midi channel) and sounds you defined (e.g. 'program change command #3 for "distortion sound" in the preamp' or 'PC #4 for long reverb in the effect device'). After that you can combine the device sounds (e.g. create a solo sound: switch to a high gain sound in your preamp and switch to a reverb in a FX device) and songs (just the order of the sounds within a song). At least you can define set lists.

But what's the advantage? You don't have to remember the sounds and their orders within your songs. And you don't have to know which button you have to press on the floorboard to get a specific sound. Just use your floorboard and configure buttons for "next sound", "previous sound", "next song" and "previous song". My app receives the commands, knows the actual context (You're playing song x and use sound y), decides what to do and sends the corresponding commands to your devices. (If you want to stay flexible you can define so called 'direct access' sounds.)

OK, here you can get it: Link to Google Play. You can also get a free demo version here.
    (It's no real commercial project, I don't want to make much money with it. But I spent a lot of time the last year I developed it, so I want just some expense allowance. Hope you understand...)
    This posting is no advertising. I just hope to get some response to improve my app.