Posts by nmcmillan

Great idea!

You could also alter the frequency response to exaggerate the issue which could be used in some cool effects - essentially make it impossible for a certain frequency range to trigger the ducking parameter. It wouldn't always be useful but it'd be great if you were switching from a rhythm part to a lead part and you only wanted a delay on the higher notes - so you just tune the response to only trigger for sounds below 300 Hz? Something like that might work really well!

Thanks everyone!

I just thought of another benefit of the concept of the adjustable signal chain: Putting the delay before the amp! I know it would kill the ability for stereo delay sounds, but you can get some really amazing effects by using the delay to slightly push an amp further into overdrive or distortion if you place the delay first. I used to do this all the time with an old Randall half-stack and it sounded so cool! I just thought of it today as I was listening to At The Drive-In's song "Invalid Litter Department."

Here's a link to the youtube video for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgAkZfObn0c

You can hear the effect I'm talking about in the intro guitar riffs that just resonate those eerie notes over the piano. I think they may be using a delay/reverb combination before going into the amp. I really dig that tone so I would love the opportunity to create that without having to use external pedals with the Kemper.

I just got my KPA Powerhead last week and it is killer. The tone is great, the effects are lush, and the construction is solid. I certainly have nothing to complain about with this product.

However, I have noticed a few things that I think would make a good addition to the next firmware update:

1) Reverse Delay - I'm sure this has been requested by quite a few users but it bears repeating, especially with the prospect of combining it with the ducking feature.
    2) Ducking Attack Speed - The ducking effect is super useful but it would be nice to have a little more control over how fast it kicks in without relying solely on playing dynamics.
    3) Internal Effects Routing - I previously owned a Boss GT-10. It was an impressive pedalboard when it first came out. The internal routing options were incredible. You could apply pitch shifting or another effect to influence only the reverb or delay tail. You could just drag and drop pedals anywhere in your chain before or after the amp. If we were able to do this with the Kemper, the users requesting a "shimmer reverb" or a "crystal delay" could just make their own rigs.

Those are the only things I've noticed so far that are worth looking into.

Otherwise, I'm stoked about my KPA!