Posts by Enchilada_Jones

It seems that several of us new(er) Kemper owners are pretty curious about the KEMPER Kabinet as compared to the Fender FR10 or FR12. Is one "better?" Are the speaker imprints actually good? Do the speaker imprints work with the FR10 / FR12? Are they accurate with the Fender FR speakers? I am interested in buying one of the two at some point. I don't have the disposable income to buy and try both, so just looking for feedback, on the off chance someone has direct experience with both? thanks all.

I have a Kemper cab and the ToneMaster FR12. They are very close if you don’t use the imprints, just let the Kemper run as a full range monitor. But when you enable the imprints Kemper wins the contest. If someone stole the ToneMaster FR12 I might just get over it, if they stole the Kemper Cab I’d be ordering a new one right away.

Thank you crivat for your question about the MIDI connection with the Player. This is a very urgent question for me also. I would like to connect the KPP with my GigRig G3 Atom Looper/Controller and one or two H9. Has anyone happen to have a solution for that in terms of connecting the Players USB (in/out?) with the regular MIDI out/in of the G3 controller and the effect stomps?

You can buy a USB to MIDI cable that in theory does what you want. I don't use one because my midi controller has a USB MIDI port.

I have successfully used that midi controller to send USB MIDI to the Player and change to any of the five presets in the ten banks.

Player does that by receiving PC (program change commands) 0-49

I don't know if it can receive other MIDI commands although the other Kemper devices are quite robust in that department and it is unlikely Kemper would have removed that from the programming of the Player.

I don't have any experience with the GigRig G3, if it sends PC numbers then yes it should work, but I think you have to use the 0-49 range of PC commands since there doesn't seem to be a way to assign different PC numbers to the Players 50 'presets'.

I’m not using an Airstep controller it is a Luminite Graviton M1, it has USB A and C ports, the C port is designed to be midi port but that could be different on others.

I have USB A port on the Kemper Player to USB C port in controller.

The controller has the option set for'Device to Computer' selected in the M1 USB Midi settings selected.I don’t know if that is unique to the Luminite M 1 or other devices offer that kind of functionality also.

Hello.

I see some friends here (tonight I share the stage with 2 bands that do the same thing) that make all the changes in their Toasters or Stages with MIDI.

Is it possible with the Player? Any limitation or you can call any rig from the KPlayer with MIDI?

Thank you!

You can. You will need an adapter/cable if your midi controller doesn’t have a midi out via USB. Other than that you can easily get any Rig that is on your Player by sending a PC command using number: 0 through 49 on whatever midi channel your Player is set to (default is channel 1 I think)

I want to get the rigs from my power rack onto the Player. According to ToneJunkie you can export the rigs in a performance. I'm not seeing anywhere in RigManager how to do this. Any ideas?

I just went to the Performance tab on the left, select the Performance in that menu that I wanted to draw from, the Performance shows up on the right side of Rig Manager and then I highlighted the rig in the performance I wanted to move and 'copied' and then pasted into the Rig slot of the Player that I wanted it to be in.

I think of the Player as a 'host' for 10 'Performances' one per bank, most of them I have start from clean(ish) in slot 1 going up in gain through to slot 5

I imagine you could do it by 'import' instead of copy/paste but the copy method worked so I quit exploring at that point.

You'll have to do some editing if the Rig you move had effects that aren't available but for most of us that is going to be a quick tweak or two if any at all.

I'm good with 'disagreements' because we can always consider them as other 'options'. ;)

I think that's ultimately what he is asking for. The option to use the currently unused secondary functions as global EQ.

It makes sense, you might have done the hi pass low pass stuff per-preset and still find once on a particular stage you have a room that is making you want a quick global adjustment...the knobs are right there...why not have the option to just push and twist your problem away?

They could program the Player to not store the adjustments at power down and instead reset to neutral settings.

Of course I'm assuming the BMT knobs work the way he hopes and the firmware allows for such an addition.

Ok, anyone sees where to actually change the midi channel on the player ? the manual says in system settings I can't find it

So far I haven't got into anything other than making Program changes (PC toggle) to change Rigs.

Set my controller to Midi channel 1 PC number 0 gives Rig 1-1, PC number 1 gives Rig 1-2, etc.

Using the Luminite Graviton Midi Controllerwith wireless pad on guitar gets me easy midi control. Who needs stomp switches anymore Lol!

Just ordered a player. This is my first Kemper product. I currently have a Seymour Duncan Powerstage and Celestion F12-X200. Does anyone have experience with this speaker vs the Kemper Kone? Is the Kone better with Kemper products?

I’ve got the f12-x200 and built the cab Celestion have designed for that speaker.

I have a non powered Kemper cab and an extra Kone speaker in a Egnater Tweaker 1x12 cab.

I have the SD Powerstage 170 amp.that have used when trying out those cabs.

The Kone is far better when using the imprints in your Kemper device. It is better as a ‘full range’ speaker and not using the imprints instead letting the Rig supply the cab sim. I prefer the Kone with imprints but it does pretty good without them

The F12-x200 is better than most FRFR monitors I’ve tried but it does have a separate high frequency driver (tweeter) where the Kone is a coaxial speaker cone design and it makes a difference. The upper frequencies from the Kone are more like a ‘guitar speaker’ delivers and less shrill, harsh like a PA monitor delivers.

The Celestion F12M-150 is a tricone speaker and it is more like the Kone and rates right between the Kone and F12-x200 in my mind.

The Kemper Kone is probably one of the best things to happen to guitar speaker simulation. I was selling my Stage and Kemper cab when I saw the Player was coming out I knew I was getting it and I relisted the Stage to sell by itself, the Kones are staying with me.

You'd know it if I were trolling. I'd post infrequently, have nothing truly constructive to say when I did and deflect any disagreement on my chosen position.

Kind of like you.

I find it constructive to explore the allegation of a lie being told by the Kemper company being introduced to the conversation by someone who then refuses to offer any example or evidence.

It may not 'construct' a result you appreciate but that doesn't concern me.

I find the salty reaction to my previous post quite fascinating. Basically every response reads like, "If you have an issue with the quoted feature set at the quoted price point then you are the problem."

I fondly remember a time where companies had to prove their products are worth the money. Now - according to some people - reluctant buyers have to justify their reluctance.

Very fascinating.

Anyway, I won't bother responding to the trolling.

No, every response was straight to your accusation that Kemper lied.

I guess you can’t come close to proving that so now you duck out like a coward proclaiming any further response is merely trolling.

You are what you are and on full display here.

Forget about the analogy, you are just obfuscating any point you might have. Just go direct to explaining what lie do you claim Kemper is telling?

I see Kemper has said the price they chose to sell a limited version is what they are currently charging. The price they need to charge for a version that is closer to the same capabilities as the Stage for example needs to be more otherwise it destroys their profit margin by rendering the Stage and Toaster and rack obsolete to the vast majority of the people who buy them. That is highly probable yet you accuse them of lying. So tell it straight up without trying to assign action or motive to them that doesn’t apply.

trying out some factory loaded Rigs on the Player. Made some tweaks to stack and reverb. Wanted to save the Rig to computer so I could A/B compare the differences before I committed to Replacing the Rig on the Player but selecting Save to Local Library just crashes Rig Manager each time.

Am I not understanding something about the expected result?

Like I said, some customers will like the digital content management model, others will not. It just totally changes how you interact with their products.

With regards to guitar gear, I personally don’t like having to register and unregister products to keep the content I’ve paid for and/or transfer it to new or used hardware if I choose to buy or sell the hardware. It’s an extra layer I don’t care for and have no intention of purchasing if they decide to change their product offerings in the future.

Have they said anything about changing their decades long business model of exemplary free support that predates the Kemper Profiler?!?

Or have they described a possible upgrade path to make the Player get close to full Profiler capabilities but cautioned doing that *in this case*would come with a cost due to obvious business concerns?

I tend to take them at their word instead of jump to unsupported conclusions that defy Kemper’s history.

The reason they propose it must include a paid path makes sense. Assuming they are now suddenly going to be IK Multimedia is bizarre.

Practically equal to the rest of the Kempers? The Player is not even close, take a closer look at it.

I didn't propose it *is equal*, I've looked at it and know that.

I'm suggesting *if* they enabled everything except the profiling it would still be everything that 90% or more of the current user base needs/wants.

Therefore, if they do it for *free*, 90% will buy only the Player and Kemper will have effectively reduced their total gross sales to less than half of what they had been! Their total income would be cut in half as a result.

If you understand that premise then you can understand my point...that an upgrade that has *that* result is an upgrade to a Kemper user but a death sentence to Kemper's fiscal health. All the earned goodwill in the world won't pay their bills so it's not just a typical free upgrade.

You are free to disagree and still insist their only 'proper' move is to make it free. But thankfully they are free to not follow that advice.

Release the Player... then in 6-12 months release the additional features for free as enhancements just like the rest of the big boys (including  Kemper) currently do and keep building value in the Kemper platform.

It's a not a good idea to charge extra for updates to this device if you ask me, IF that is what Kemper actually intends to do in the future. Charging for feature enhancements puts Kemper hardware products into a totally different category IMO.

Considering how vast majority of Kemper users only use their Kempers as ‘players’ the net result of upgrading the $700 Player to be practically equal to the rest of the Kempers it would probably destroy the company! Sales of the other units would drop dramatically.

Would you take a 50% pay cut and be able to pay your bills with the good will you harvest from being so nice?