Posts by Drwiddly

The Goldfinger is great. Every profile in the pack is useable
    Just got the Freidman BE and it's just a pack of superb Marshall tones. Also like the Orange Thunderverb and the 68 Matamp.
    Thanks Andy!

You could try altering the range on the expression pedal. Assuming it's set to sweep between 0 and 127, you might find it works better with a reduced range e.g. 20 to 105 or if it's not doing much at one end of the sweep, you could cut that e.g. 30 to 127.

It's just a case of trying different settings, using your ears and seeing what works best for you.

I've had my FCB since 2005. I've done hundreds of gigs and rehearsals with it and it's never let me down. I have the 'standard' uno chip in mine and, as I have several pieces of gear that use midi, I probably won't change to the kpa version. I program mine using the Ed Dixon editor (I prefer the gui to Ripwerx) and, again, it's reliable and simple to use.

I don't have an issue with unit using mains AC power. TBH it's more professional and robust than a wall wart for stage use. I know some Behringer gear has a bad reputation for reliability but the FCB1010 is built like a tank and is terrific value for money.

After installing and unpacking the Editor and klicking the .py file the program does not start. There is a short blink from the window and then it stops. No Editor. Where´s my mistake?

I have windows 7.

Make sure you've installed version 2.7 of Python. I installed the latest version (3.3) without thinking and had this same problem. I uninstalled that version and installed 2.7 and the editor now works fine.

Welcome!

I bought my KPA rack from Andertons in March and am really pleased both with their service and the Kemper. I also took advantage of the half price Amp Factory bundle and that was well worth it! Sorry you're having to wait but it will be worth it, it's a great unit.

You can program a stock fcb with Ripwerx or the Ed Dixon editor (both available from the Yahoo user groups). Unless the previous owner has done something weird, the fcb should do standard program changes - ie bank 00 should do pc's 1 to 10, bank 01 pc's 11 to 20 and so on. If you assign pc's to the profiles you want to use in the KPA, it should be fine. If you need volume control on an exp pedal or wah, you'll need to do a bit more work.

Granted, it means another purchase, but the FCB1010 is relatively cheap, and 2-way communication is indeed a bonus. Now, if he can get the GCP to achieve that as well, then that's a whole different argument.

I'm waiting with interest to see what the new eprom will do for the FCB1010 but, having used the uno version for years, I can't see how much improvement can actually be made. The fcb isn't designed to display patch names so any two way communication will be fairly limited because that's the nature of the beast. The GCP will allow you to enter patch names so, although it won't receive info from the KPA, it can be set up with a bit of extra work. I hope I'm wrong about the new eprom but I really can't see it turning the FCB into an MFC 101 for the Kemper.

I own both and they're both good units. If your fcb has the uno chip then it will be just as flexible as the gcp (but without the ability to display preset names). The gcp is better built but I've used an fcb for hundreds of gigs and it's never let me down so reliability isn't an issue. You get more for the gcp if
    you sell it so, if cash is an issue, keep the fcb.

Hi All,
    Got my Kemper rack on Thursday and it seems to be an awesome piece of gear. I've not had much time to play with it yet but it's racked up with my Matrix GT1000FX and I'm looking forward to giving it an outing. I've downloaded a stack of profiles from the Rig Exchange and I also got a deal on a pack from the Amp Factory when I bought the KPA. Now the fun starts!

The Marshall 8004 is not a well regarded power amp. I've only used the 8008, which is a decent low cost amp. plenty of power and not too heavy. If your only choice is between the 8004 and the Peavey then I'd take the Peavey every time. Don't listen to the nonsense about tubes colouring the sound. You are very unlikely to drive a tube amp hard enough to induce power amp distortion so all the tube amp will do is add a touch of warmth. A bit if EQ will soon get your presets sounding good:-) .