Posts by d209a6cdba17970940b61bf21eea9667b7a1788f

I have also mapped some G-System switches to MIDI CC numbers.

The bottom row is set to my main sounds. I have already 2 banks to cover my needs.
    The difference in my setup compared to yours: the upper and middle rows are for switching all the slots in the Kemper (as if one would have separate pedals).
    The upper row is for slots "A" to "D" and the middle row is for slots "Mod" to "Reverb".

Two switches are set as Master-switches:

"Filter" is switching the Tuner On and Off and gives me the opportunity to make the system quiet immediately.
    "Boost" is Boost - I can make each sound louder for soloing or emphasizing several parts in the songs.

I will try to reconfigure my setup using the Performance Mode - but I'll do this, when our next gigs are over.

There are some things that I don't like about the G-Sys when using it as a controller - for example you can't send MIDI CC instructions with a pedal connected to the G-Sys...
    Two more cables on stage for Volume- and Expression-Pedal... ;)

And for just switching the Kemper I think the G-Sys is too oversized.
    In the beginning I had the G-Sys put in the Effects-Loop, but as the quality of the effects in the Kemper is pretty amazing, I don't feel the need to use the effects of the G-Sys any longer.

Im sure, I'll swap my G-Systems for a Kemper-Footcontroller as soon as it's on the market. I believe that CK and his team will develop a foot-controller to cover all possibilities and switching-capabilities of the KPA - until then I'm pretty amazed every time I plug in my Black Box and enjoy playing guitar!

Cheers, ThomasMike

I own my Kemper since September 2012, and from the first day on I'm a happy and addicted member of the Kemper family.

I have owned several modelers in recent years, in addition to many amps (Engl, Mesa Boogie, Fender, etc.): Line 6, Vox and Eleven Rack.
    The Eleven Rack was quite close in sounding like a real amp, but it always lacked pressure, depth and it never "cut through".

The Kemper convinced me from the first tone coming out of it with its dynamics and authenticity in sound.

Since the beginning of the year I play in a new band, we do Funk, Soul and Pop cover-songs.
    From the first moment it was clear: the Kemper is the amp that I do not want to miss.
    My fellow musicians are still amazed at the sounds and possibilities that can be squeezed out from the little toaster.

Yesterday evening I played the first live gig with the Kemper AND with my band: a double premiere!
    And the black toaster did not disappoint me: the sound came exactly as set in recent weeks.
    We also had a good sound on stage: I used my own monitor and so guitar and the bass did not have to be put on the main monitors. With only vocals and keyboards on the monitor-speakers the sound on stage was extremely tidy.

After the gig several musicians asked me about my „little Black Box“ - from what I heard of them, the guitar-sound coming out of the PA-System must have been very well.

I'm only using Profiles from „The Amp Factory“: BadCat HotCat (Clean), Cornford Carrera (Clean & Crunch), Marshall JTM45 (Lead) and Soldano SLO 100 (Lead). For me, Andys Profiles are the best for my needs.

The SW-Version on my Kemper is 1.8.2 – no problems, no trouble, everything works fine for me.

As monitor/ speaker I use a Yamaha DXR10.

Switching between rigs and Effects On/Off, Boost etc in each rig is done with a TC Electronics G-System Ltd., as an Expression-Pedal I use a BOSS FV-500.

When I play live, I always use a Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless System.

My main guitar is my „Brownie Bastard“ - a Strat-style guitar made of several parts of different manufacturers (Squier-Body, GFS-Pickups etc.), my secret weapon is a Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM TB and my third one is a Fender Stratocaster (Made in Mexico) – pure Strat-tone which needs no further improvements.

To make a long story short – I'm absolutely happy with my Kemper, even more after my first experience with it live on stage: it's a tone-monster and I love its usability.

My Equipment

Hi Andy, the look of your new website is cool - I love it. I own my Kemper for about half a year and for several months now I'm only using your profiles. I've bought eight profiles from you and I'm using all of them. I really hope, you continue your great work and I'm really looking forward to further fantastic sounding amps from you. Your profiles make my Kemper shine.

... as ever. This update is really blowing me away. The ducking effect is awesome, the Univibe sounds great and the new profiles are fantastic and show off the possibilities of the improvements really well. Thx once again to Mr. Kemper and his team for providing us with such awesome sounds. I enjoy playing with the Kemper every time I'm switching it "On": this is my Tool of sound and pleasure!!!!!

Hello Zappledan, I use a PE 60 with the original speaker. I compared it directly with my Mackie MR5 MKII Active Monitors and there's nearly no difference in the sound, maybe a little bit more heights or brilliance missing, but absolutely no big deal and I can live with that.
    I use the new SW Version 1.54 and the Cab Driver works pretty well. I use the PE60 as a monitor in rehearsals, its got enough power and my sound cuts through with no problem. We record our rehearsals so I know that my sound is also great when recorded - I'm really happy with the PE 60.
    And of course, compared to the sound through our cheap PA, there's also no difference: I hear the sound, that I programmed at home - no further tweaking needed.

Hi Andy,

I'm a proud owner of the Kemper Amp for nearly 3 months now and since then I downloaded three of your Amp Packs plus three packs you offer as free stuff.
    And what can I say? Only one word: AMAZING!

Those profiles I bought (Marshall JTM45, Soldano SLO 100, Lindy Fralin VVT) make my Kemper shine!

The Lindy Fralin is an amp I never heard of before but I can get some of the sweetest, purest sounds with my Fender Strat out of it, it really blows my mind.
    The cleans are full, rich, warm and as soon as you kick in the boost you can get a really nice breakup... woooowwww... ;-))

As you wrote on your website, the Soldano is an amp, I would also never have used before - but it's such an amazing and outstanding sound-monster, I can't believe not to have thought about it in the past!

And the JTM45 - one amp I had the chance to use in the studio many years ago. When I heard the sound of your profiles, I knew, I had to buy this Amp Pack.

Thank you man for your great work and thank you for giving us the incredible possibility to share sound-heaven with you!

Hi ivan91, thx for sharing this - when I listened to your sound-example I was pretty amazed and downloaded the Rig at once! It's an amazing sound, there's plenty of possibilities of playing with the dynamics: use the volume-knob, strike the strings harder - this is a tone that you can bring life to!
    I fiddled around with my modified American Strat and no matter, which PU I used: it all sounded so well!
    Great Job, man!