Posts by Maelstrom

Funnily enough, it was all the frantic KPA bashing that got me curious about the product to try it and then buy it. If they didn't come off as being so insanely defensive and jealous I would've just thought "ho hum, another digital toy". The sheer tone of panic in all the threads that I'd seen in other forums made me realise that all the talk is either 100% true and the KPA is a box of snot, OR, it's 100% false and the KPA is the duck's nuts!

Now I've got two, because I'm trapped several firmware updates behind on my first unit and I don't want to update it whilst I'm in the middle of a massive recording session. So I bought a second one so I could tinker and upgrade and play around without risk!

Hey folks,

Just noodling around with my acoustics for some work on an album I'm doing and thought I'd share the tones.

I used the Holdsworth ish tone with a few mods (removed some effects from memory) and the solo was actually using the Dumble profile on the Steel String. It's an improv solo but I thought the tone really worked nicely.

The rest is a blend of the Killswitch engaged tone and the Mesa Rec pre two tracks of each (glorious quadtracking)

Obviously very rough mixdown. Keen to hear everyones opinion on the tones.

http://soundcloud.com/maelstromoracle/
    song-7-quad-guitar-plus-ac

Nope. It will however erase your saved manual settings (like LED colar bbrightness, clean and distorted sense etc.)

Try stemast's suggestion first

Sorry guys, I just did a search on reset and found all this out. If only I'd searched Monitor out, instead of monitor output it all would have been easy!

Hey Folks,

I'm just trialling a new setup for the KPA in my home studio. What I was trying to do was

Guitar to Broadcast Missing Link MKII Reamp box => Split to DI signal to record channel one and other split (not DI just straight through) to KPA.=> From Main Outputs to audio interface channel x and y and from Monitor out to TC Electronic G-Force => Audio interface.

That way I could A/B a bit easier between the sound with the G Force in the line and without. Now for some reason, I can't get any volume out of my Monitor out. Am I missing something here? Or just having a blonde day?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.